Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can one use HTML from Web Designer Pro in a Java program as an HTML 5 object

Hi I design Java programs in an automated Java IDE system. It allows me to create a display space then plant graphics texts and HTML management in its user screens.

I want to use Web Designer Pro as a separate development environment to make my web-page graphics more conveniently and to achieve standards now offered by HTML5; also to have the advantages of conveniently manipulating my text and graphic objects dynamically.

This idea means that the Designer program HTML code objects also the Browser display to be used has to understand and interact also be understood by Java Ver 5 on. That means if the widgets objects etc of Designer pro might be non-java code so might have to be given a java native interface to work in Java if the widgets are coded in another language.

It is possible here to use Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) to extend the graphic features and manipulations of a Java program including display of a wider variety of image types than 2 offered at present by Java also to tile very large displays and stereo. If a codec were written for the XAR Public file format such images in JAI could then be displayed more efficiently that way than by HTML. There would be a saving in processing interpretation also file transfer overheads and so enhanced speed of interaction over the web.

Can our Xara guru comment on this issue and explain any non-html code elements that appear in Web Designer Pro output files and if these are in any way accessible to be given such a native code wrapping to work in the Java environment.

Default Re: Can one use HTML from Web Designer Pro in a Java program as an HTML 5 object

Let's wait and see if others answer but I would say this, you might be better to ask this in Java forums

Default Re: Can one use HTML from Web Designer Pro in a Java program as an HTML 5 object

acorn or sketch should know the answer to this when they check in.

My instinct is that you would have to engage directly with Xara to see if they expose any API.

Acorn