Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web Design 7 Premium & Coffee Cup Forms Software

Hello all and again I've got some problems I know you can help me solve. When using Xara 3D Maker Vs. 7 I've found that I don't see the actual text graphic when I import to my webpage and then "preview". I see what looks like a box where the graphic should be. If I am successful in getting the Xara 3D graphics up and running can I be sure they will show up properly on all of the browsers? Right now I am working with Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Foxfire, Opera and Avant. I hope this is not too vague. You can see I am not all that computer literate, but learning.

My second problem is, I am using "Coffee Cup Forms" software (www.coffeecup.com) which I've purchased. I do hope there is someone here who is familiar with this particular "forms" program. By the way, the company that will be supporting my website is "Host Monster" which does support PHP whatever that means. This program provides a number of form theme images to pick from which are very nice. Colors and other features of each theme can be modified to fit the website being developed. I have tried time and time again to put a finished form on the "contact page" of my website and each time I have been unsuccessful. From time to time I have noted a box or "placeholder?" on the page but when I try to preview it, there is either nothing on the page or the box or placeholder image. May I ask if there is a forms program that works seamlessly with Xara Web Design 7 and where do I find such a program? Even if I have to pay for a forms program again, I may have to do it. The think I like about Coffee Cup is that it was a one time ($79) payment and not a monthly payment. But, it does not seem to work without problems with Xara. Everyone, I would appreciate any assistance and comments you can provide. Thank you all in advance.

Default Re: Web Design 7 Premium & Coffee Cup Forms Software

How complicated of a form do you need?
    There are widgets for forms built into Xara.
    I'm using one from Form2Go, and it works fine.

Hello Merlin_AZ,
    Thank you so much for responding. With the "Coffee Cup Forms" software I can change the form colors, size, info and add Captcha to cut down on spam. I can also add borders of different color to give the form a professional look. These are positives that I like. However, I can't seem to get the form's code on the Contact Us page on my website. Tell me sir, how easy is it to use the program you mention? Does it take a lot of motions to get the form on the webpage and how much can the form be tweaked? I take it, you are using "Forms2Go" on which Xara Web Design program? Is it an easy process? Thanks again for your response.

I used to use coffee cup forms a long time ago (the old flash versions) but haven't used the most recent ones. I would imagine it just a case of drawing a rectangle of the required size to use as a placeholder, then pasting whatever code is generated by the coffee cup software into the placeholder in the HTML Code (Body) section. I'm guessing here but I assume that there will be other form elements that would need to be uploaded to your webspace in order for the form to show up on the page.

If you can't get it to work I can report that I have used forms generated by jotform.com and they are very easy to work with. They are also free if you are going to be getting less than 100 form submissions a month. There's a jotform inserted on this XWD generated page:

http://www.jimiking.com/contact.html

Good Saturday evening Mr. King,

Thank you so much for the link and thank you for your response. One of the most prevailing things I found about "Coffee Cup" is the fact they provide about 8 different "contact form" templates. And all can be modified to fit most if not any website situation. For instance, a second email space can be added so that the sender has to enter their email address again to make sure all is correct. There are other features as well. However, so far, I've not been able to get it to work for me. Thank you again.

I use CoffeeCup forms. When you are designing the page, just draw a rectangle the size of the form you are using as a place holder; and paste the code as directed in the instructions and as mentioned above by Jimi King.
    The actual form will not be visible until you publish the web site. If you have any difficulties, their support is very efficient.
    TJB

Good Tuesday Morning Spondoolix and than you so much for getting back to me on this. You mean all I have to do is draw a rectangle on the page of any size and the Coffee Cup Form will fit into the space or does the rectangle have to be a certain size? Now, how do I get the code into the rectangle space? Initially, I thought I could just develop the form and then Drag and Drop it onto the page where I wanted the form. It's not that simple is it? It does not seem as simple as the Coffee Cup Team would lead one to believe... At any rate I am happy to find that at least there are two users here and one, you, who is a recent user and knows this program well. You make it sound easy. For a guy who is really learning to become more computer literate, I am finding it difficullt to grasp how Coffee Cup forms work. Do you have any idea why I can't see the form when I "Preview" my website using 5 different browsers? Can I count on you for additional assistance? Thanks you so much.

Red face Re: Web Design 7 Premium & Coffee Cup Forms Software

Good evening, Can you guide me regarding exactly how to generate the "Place Holder" rectangle? Where do I go in Xara Premium 7 to access what I need to generate the rectangle? Are the facilities found in the "Web Properties/Place Holder" box? Tell me what to do and I will get to doing it. Finally, can I add to the form later once published? Thanks so much all.

Don't worry, this is easier than you think. The place holder needs to be about the size of your form. Have a look at the form you want to use and you will find the dimensions there.
    Next, just draw a rectangle in Xara using the rectangle tool on the left side tool bar. Adjust the width and height by checking this as you go on the tool bar above.
    Now position the rectangle to exactly the place in the web page where you want the form to appear.
    In CoffeeCup read the instructions about how to publish your form. Copy the code that was generated when you constructed the form and use it as instructed.
    In Xara open: Utilities/Web Properties/Placeholder to see you options.
    You will only see the form content after you publish your site. You can add a form any time and then re-publish.
    (I don't have my CoffeeCup Form software on my computer at the moment, so I can't be more specific. Read the help file and follow. It works well, is not difficult and once you have done it the first time you will be OK.)
    TJB

The Coffee Cup Form has a few programs inside of it for display purposes that need to be uploaded / published with the form data...for the form to be visible and run properly.

That means you will ALSO need to upload and PUBLISH your form to Coffee Cups own "Free S Drive" for storage or publishing...or you will have to upload these Form Support Programs onto your web server. The Coffee Cup program will do this uploading for you... if you fill in the blanks to where your web hosting server is located. Along with publishing your form...there is also an embed code generated for you automatically by Coffee Cup that has the form text... and the size and layout info in a special code. That Embed Code is the code that you will need to copy and paste into the Xara placeholder.

So, you need to do 3 things to see your form running live.

1. You need to PUBLISH your form to Coffee Cups Free Site... or tell the Coffee Cup software where your own web server is located... so IT can upload those programs for you.

2. You will also be presented with the special "embed code" from inside the Coffee Cup software that you will copy...and then paste... into the placeholder properies tab here in Xara.

3. Finally...You will also need to upload and publish your final web page with the form in it... from within Xara ALSO. You will not be able to see your form within Xara until you test publish your web page...and then view it in your web browsers. This is not a problem with Xara...those Coffee Cup support programs have to do their work properly...so you have to wait to see your form live in a preview or published web page. A couple of steps...but definitely worth it. The Coffee Cup forms look and work great.

Good luck.
    Last edited by suzzie1234; 26 February 2014 at 05:07 PM.