Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Text not working right once published

Hi folks,

I'd appreciate your suggestions, please ...

On three of my web pages in Web Designer 9 Premium, I typed left-and-right-justified text (in one block) in paragraphs, with a blank line between the paragraphs. The text looks fine on the pages, but once published and viewed in Firefox or Internet Explorer, this is an example of how it looks:

"Welcome, fellow reader! This is my official website as a fiction writer and
    poet.
    Feel free to read the first few pages . . ."

Another example from the same page:

"On a personal note, I am a long-time resident of Vancouver Island, and have lived in Glenora, six kilometres southwest of Duncan, for over 11 years. I garden, tend a small orchard, am an amateur photographer and volunteer in several
    capacities.
    Thanks for stopping by, and happy browsing!"

I tried retyping the entire text block, but got the same result.

All the best, and thanks for any suggestions you can make to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Gail Robertson

Default Re: Text not working right once published

I think the web guys might appreciate the URL to your site....

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I think the web guys might appreciate the URL to your site....
    Good point, and thank you. Here is the website address:
    http://www.gailprobertson.com/

All the best,

Gail

not a website designer myself, but hopefully one will be along before too long... browsers are limited in the way they render text [which is probably obvious] is all I know..

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    not a website designer myself, but hopefully one will be along before too long... browsers are limited in the way they render text [which is probably obvious] is all I know..
    Thank you for your kindness.

All looks fine to me in Firefox! Have you tried a page refresh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textproblem.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	100810Yes, I did, repeatedly. I also shut down my computer and restarted it, changed browsers, etc., and still get the same results. I've attached a reduced screen print of what I get, and circled the problem areas on that one page. The second and third pages both have the same sort of problems.

Hi Gail

I can see it as you described here, fine in chrome. I have tried to replicate this but I cannot. I will have a good look tomorrow (getting late here) but one thing I have noticed which you may want to sort out is the page names, they are all index.html, then index2.html etc, they should be unique. Is there any chance that you could have a transparent object which is set to repel text under. If you could post the file then it would be far easier to see what the problem is.

Of course one of the other experienced guys/gals may have seen this before and know exactly how to fix it.

Edit - just thought, have you pasted this text from Word?
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Hi Gail

I can see it as you described here, fine in chrome. I have tried to replicate this but I cannot. I will have a good look tomorrow (getting late here) but one thing I have noticed which you may want to sort out is the page names, they are all index.html, then index2.html etc, they should be unique. Is there any chance that you could have a transparent object which is set to repel text under. If you could post the file then it would be far easier to see what the problem is.

Of course one of the other experienced guys/gals may have seen this before and know exactly how to fix it.

Edit - just thought, have you pasted this text from Word?

Thanks very much. I just checked on someone else's computer, it it looks fine. I did type it directly in Xara Web Designer 9 Premium. But as long as it looks good on other computers, I won't worry about it. I'll just go do a final check elsewhere to make sure it looks fine, from now on.

I appreciate all the comments.

Regards,

Gail

Might be worth a try at emptying your Internet Cache. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897