Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy General FTP Error

Hi there,
    I have designed a website and had my domain name transferred across. I have paid for my domain name which ive transferred. Im now trying to upload my website to the web but it keeps coming up with General FTP Error. I seem to be going round in circles. Can anyone help please.....

Default Re: General FTP Error

Which Service Provider are you with? Are you using Xara or an FTP Client to upload?

Acorn

Unhappy Re: General FTP Error

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Which Service Provider are you with? Are you using Xara or an FTP Client to upload?

Acorn
    Hi there, im using Magix which i have designed the website - but have been using the FTP through magix to upload it....im a complete novice i have never done this before so its all very new.

Default Re: General FTP Error

As a first try, run your Xara application by right-clicking on the icon and selecting Run as Administrator.
    What this (probably) does it sorts out the Registry settings and others have found the mal-functioning part gets a kick-start.

Retry what you have been doing.

If you have the same problem, the next possible is getting the latest update: Help > Check for updates...

If all current, then I would suggest you check what you have put in as your credentials: the right username, password, address (forward slashes and colons, no gaps or trailing full stops).

Report back any error messages you get so the TGers can focus in more for you.

Acorn