Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default pesky popup close button - WD9 Prem

My problem relates to popup layer close buttons. When I set the desired layer to locked, WD9 automatically places a close button top right of the layer. Unfortunately, the positioning is un-predictable. Sometimes it is some way off to the right and sometimes it is also up towards the top of the page (right off screen).

The layers I am using consist of a white rectangle (with shadow) used as a background for an embedded YouTube video. I have noticed that the handles on the video are sometimes much outside the visible video image. The placement of the layer is towards the right hand side of the page but sometimes the close button is in the right place and sometimes it is displaced as described before.

I have tried every type of workaround I can think of. This includes using the standard link to popup layer with "close pop-up automatically" un-checked (to make the layer locked). And using the "Link to web or email address" field with popup:"layername(lock)". Either way the result is exactly the same.

So, how can I manually place the automatically generated close button, OR, stop WD9 automatically generating this - leaving me to manually add buttons where I like?

Surprised I can't find other posts on this!

Thanks

Default Re: pesky popup close button - WD9 Prem

You probably have some small object somewhere higher up on the layer as this would casue the close button to go to the top and the right of all objects on that layer to the limit of the Page background.

Either check for all objects in the layer with the Page and Layer Gallery or use Window > View Quality > Outline to hunt it down.

Acorn