Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Effectivly splitting site into smaller parts for upload

How do I effectively split my site into several small parts for upload. I have graphics and sign design site with thousands of template images that open to my design generator.

I have to upload thousands of images (and I do not want them to be blurry or too small).

When I have tried to upload a part of my site (deleting pages that are unchanged) upon the upload my xara web designer deletes all pages or items from my site that are not on the current upload.

How do I bypass this so I can upload only what my system can handle at any time and not have the system delete items that are OK (and not in the new upload or publishing).

Tyson

Default Re: Effectivly splitting site into smaller parts for upload

Tyson, place your signs into functional groupings in separate Xara XAR/WEB files.
    Ensure the first page of each "sub-site" has a name that is not index.
    Have one master site with index as the first page to act as a launch page or portal.
    All page names effectively have to be unique.

Publish everything to the same root folder and you will have a collection of htm files and a number of folders (starting with the first name of each sub-site).
    Create a linking NavBar using relative URLs to each required page (something like Like to Web or Email address: ../page.htm); absolute URLs are much harder to check when Exporting locally.

When adding new material, you only need to publish a "sub-site".
    If you are changing the structure, you need to re-publishing everything.
    Putting your design all down on paper is the first step.

Acorn

Default Re: Effectivly splitting site into smaller parts for upload

Quote Originally Posted by signstoptyson View Post
    How do I bypass this so I can upload only what my system can handle at any time and not have the system delete items that are OK (and not in the new upload or publishing). Tyson
    I should have asked if you are using an FTP client or Xara for uploading.
    In Xara, there is a Web Properties... option under Publish > Settings... to Fast Publish.
    If you have used Names > filename=<name>, then a republish does not use Xara filenaming so the images are not republished.
    Filezilla has a similar setting.

Acorn