Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image23 Photography Website

Hi Guys,

I posted on here well before Xmas asking for a critique of my website.

Well, I was not happy with my original one anyway so started from scratch, taking on-board the constructive comments I received about my 1st one.

I would appreciate it very much and have a look at what I have done so far, please don't hold back. I feel the Galleries in Xara are not very good and wish I could get something a bit classier. Boy helped me with a file that removes the border and that has helped, but would like something a better, any suggestions?

I had a lot of help and advice from some great guys on the design forum so a big thanks to them.

The laptop nearly became a Frisbee ONLY 3 times during the construction and only had 12 or so minor 'domestics' with my wife

www.image23.fr

Moderator"s Note: This site does contain a few photos of topless women but all are properly covered and the photos are quite tasteful.
    Last edited by angelize; 04 January 2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added note

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Image23 Photography Website

Hi Image23, I like the site you have done a very nice job. I have added a note to your opening post just to make it clear that the site does contain some photos that are partially nude. The photos of the Calender Girls are very tastefully done and all models are properly covered.

Thanks for sharing your site and your photography with us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Your site already looks much better, Den. One thing that does not look right is the "Calendar Girls" page because underneath the vertical menu a blue copy of it shows. A thing you might try to make the slideshow look a bit nicer is to experiment putting a (black) outline around the thumbnails. This outline will also show in the popup.

Nice look to the site, and some brilliant photos as well. I would use the following code (within the <head> section of the placeholder tab in web properties) to center the photos, just looks more professional:

<script type="text/javascript">hs.align = "center";</script>

Also you should align the photos in the pages such as http://www.image23.fr/sports%20services%20uk.htm and also the text. And perhaps consider shortening the line of the text, perhaps have a two column layout on the about and services pages.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Glad there were not too many "domestics".

I would edit your link colors since you page color is black. The blue linked text is almost impossible to read.

You can edit the color in the Website Properties > Website section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link colors.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	100137  

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Nice look to the site, and some brilliant photos as well. I would use the following code (within the <head> section of the placeholder tab in web properties) to center the photos, just looks more professional:

<script type="text/javascript">hs.align = "center";</script>

Also you should align the photos in the pages such as http://www.image23.fr/sports%20services%20uk.htm and also the text. And perhaps consider shortening the line of the text, perhaps have a two column layout on the about and services pages.
    Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for your suggestions and you are right they do add a little touch. I will also change the text, but that is for another day.

Sketch,
    I do not get how to centre the photos. I have not used a placeholder to contain my galleries, so do not know where to put that script you gave me, also I do not have a HEAD section in my WD7 version. I have seen it somewhere, but can't see anything in relation to the placeholder. Sorry I must be doing something wrong.

Boy,
    I see the white edges on some of my pop-ups. I think the UK ones are all ok but the French gallery has a problem and am wondering if the file you gave me to give the hoverover French text is causing a problem?

Anyway thanks again guys.

Den

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Glad there were not too many "domestics".

I would edit your link colors since you page color is black. The blue linked text is almost impossible to read.

You can edit the color in the Website Properties > Website section.
    I totally agree with Gary. The blue text is almost impossible to read.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Den to use the code I have given to you; simply create a rectangle, place it off the page, firstly name it <head> (do this by right clicking and clicking on 'Names', then in the 'Apply name' field type in <head> then click on 'Add' and then make sure to click OK and then right click the placeholder and click on 'Web Properties' and this will open the web properties pop up, on the Placeholder tab put the code in the 'Replace with HTML' (I think that's version 7)
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Den to use the code I have given to you; simply create a rectangle, place it off the page, firstly name it <head> (do this by right clicking and clicking on 'Names', then in the 'Apply name' field type in <head> then click on 'Add' and then make sure to click OK and then right click the placeholder and click on 'Web Properties' and this will open the web properties pop up, on the Placeholder tab put the code in the 'Replace with HTML' (I think that's version 7)
    Thanks Sketch that's done it. That is much better, it is a new concept for me using the off page as a control for the main page.

Den

Den, I like that the popups are centered now and also that you put a border around the thumbnails but on the page with the "Calendar girls" the black border does not work so well because of the white caption area at the bottom.

I do not know why there are these erratic 'flashes' of white edges when the photos pop up. I see them in both the UK and F galleries. I think that it is the black background that make them more visible but I also notice them with white backgrounds and also in other galleries, using both IE and Chrome.
    Last edited by Boy; 08 January 2014 at 07:23 PM.