Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page width header with fading pictures

Hi, Apologies I am sure something similar must already be posted, but cannot find anything suitable using search.

I want to display a series (7) of images 960px by 307px at the top of a 960px XGA webpage. I just want the images to gently fade into each other with no captions etc.

Can any of the XARA supplied widgets be adjusted to do this (the fade effect slideshow almost does this, but I cannot adjust the rate or remove the slide numbers)?

Many thanks

Martin
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU

Default Re: Page width header with fading pictures

My suggestion is hislider.com, it is fully customisable; size,ratio,transion effects,transition timing etc.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hi Skech,
    Many thanks looks good. Previously I have used a Dreamweaver Plug-in and then made up a hybrid Dreamweaver/Xara site, but not very practicable.

Kind regards

Martin
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'

No problem Martin, if you want to see hislider used on a xara site you can check out http://www.balti-house.com/
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hi Skech,

I have a major issue with your gorgeous Balti House site, it makes me feel hungry! I'll have to take my wife out an Indian restaurant now - super site!

I had a bit of a problem with Hislider, I downloaded and ran the free version and created a temporary Xara site no problem at all. I liked the program (thanks for the suggestion) so decided to buy the commercial version. Unfortunately the link in the purchase email downloaded old flaky versions; not those linked in their website, and I started to get all sorts of error messages and strange behavior. After I contacted their support group I got some relatively prompt help, resulting in their advice to download the V1.0.4 Beta, which appears to work perfectly.

I am thinking through the best workflow to incorporate the Hislider in a XDP9 site.

I am used to setting up XARA pages within a Dreamweaver site (e.g I have a client who wants a minimalist look so here is a XARA site embedded within a Dreamweaver site http://www.intacoach.com/articles/articles.htm ). I do this by setting up a website and then export the XDP9 pages to the DW site and then link in the appropriate pages. I am interested to whether your work flow to set up a Hislider in a Xara site is similar, I can create the XDP9 site introduce the header and body code into a placeholder set Hislider to export to the same folder as XDP9 and make sure I don't overwrite the wrong file! etc etc.. Or whether there is a simpler method.

Many thanks for your help, this will help me set up exactly the site that I need.

Kind regards

Martin