Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Live Effects Gone!! in Pro 9.1

Hi Guy's 'N' Girl's, Having not used my Designer Pro 9 for a while I was happy to see the free 9.1 upgrade but once installed I have gone to use live effects to find that they seem to be missing, any pointers please. I run on Win 8, 64bit,
    Kind Regards
    Jamie

Default Re: Live Effects Gone!! in Pro 9.1

The live effects are now under the button marked FX - there are fewer in DP9 64bit version than in DP9 32bit but, if you didn't know, both versions can be downloaded under the same licence though not opened at the same time. Aplogies if I'm telling uou things you know.

If you don't see FX then close the program and open again by right-clicking and choosing to run as administrator, just once. This seems to resolve various glitches :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

The FX button is now located on the Photo tools flyout under the Camera icon (unless you've separately put it on a control bar, as I have).

Hi Zaphodeist, Thank you, no I didn't know will down load now

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi metalbuddha, Just to be clear, in the 64bit version of DP9 there are only a limited number of 64bit effects. 32 bit effects will not run in a 64bit program. However as zaphodeist pointed out you can run the 32 bit version on the same machine. You can not run both at the same time tho.

When applying effects in the 32 bit version lock them if you wish to go back to the 64 bit version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Also, in v9 32bit, if you have earlier versions of Xara the "old" LE will work if you link to them as will any 3rd party ones
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64