Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Issues with Beta photo popup

Total web design amateur here. Please bear with me as I tackle each problem individually.

Beta photo popup is not displaying as I would like. The small thumbnail images appear with the same clipping as enlarged popups when clicked, but the larger version on the lefthand side shows each unclipped when a thumbnail is moused-over. I want this larger left version to display each properly clipped. Is there a solve?

Default Re: Issues with Beta photo popup

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You are using WD7 Permium?

Looking at the Beta Popup I think the thumbnails are square and the image on the left is rectangular. So the thumbnails are only going to display part of the total image.

I think. Unless I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Boudica View Post
    Total web design amateur here. Please bear with me as I tackle each problem individually.

Beta photo popup is not displaying as I would like. The small thumbnail images appear with the same clipping as enlarged popups when clicked, but the larger version on the lefthand side shows each unclipped when a thumbnail is moused-over. I want this larger left version to display each properly clipped. Is there a solve?
    Having waited nearly 24 hours for my reply in this thread to be "approved", further delaying progress, I will try this and see if my guess as to why (that I *gasp* pointed to the actual problem example on my web page using a link) is correct by answering this question.

Yes, I am using Web Designer 7 Premium.

Seems I guessed right, so now maybe I can get some help on this.

I believe the issue is greater than simply rectangle v square, as I rotated and/or enlarged a couple of the images when I placed them in the thumbnails, which is not reflected in the lefthand larger image during mouseover of a thumbnail either. Additionally, when I placed the first thumbnail the larger representation did not update with the scaling/clipping I did to that image in the thumbnail. Furthermore, one would expect, if you were correct, that the vertical dimension/clipping would remain the same, with some additional material on either side which would be fine but that is not the case.

The other issue is the first image not having the "Polaroid" type border. It's possible I may have been responsible for that early on by pulling a no-color onto it, as I'd preferred not to have them until I realized that the captions simply overwrite each other rather than the 1st being cleared when one of the others displayed. The "Rectangle" that appears in the "Beta_photo#" sections does not seem to exist for for the first one, which seems to exist in "MouseOff", though at all. I'm tempted to just delete that object group and start over, but if the image clipping issue can't be resolved there's no point.