Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Full Width Header

Hello

Just got Web Designer 8 Premium and trying to figure out the software, I am trying to make a full width for a header either with a color or an image that stretches the screen but cannot see how to do it. All template use a fixed setting. I used "stretch with page" but still stays the same fixed header.

How do I get to do this.

Thank you for any help on this.

Default Re: Full Width Header

You can't as Xara is a position-dependent graphic solution.
    You can cheat by created a Pasteboard background that replicates the header but all header content will still appear within the Page background.
    If you understood JavaScript and CSS you could create a DIV that was adjusted to the browser width and include that as a Placeholder.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn for the quick help.

I really thought it could be done, I was searching some youtube videos and saw some doing it but just cannot get the same results everything just stays as is.

This is not good really thought it could be done, do not know java or css to do this.

Thanks again.

I created a full width header by simply creating a placeholder and stretching it out wider than the page. I experimented a bit and kept stretching until I got the desired effect. Provided the placeholder is on or touching the page it will show up. Instead if using the "stretch with page" leave it on "automatic" Not ideal but you can get the something that looks the job.

Thanks Miko

Appreciate, I decided to upgrade to 9 and able to do it easily.

Thanks to all for the great help.