Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tweaked the metal and the wall paper and added a snuffbox and did some re arranging

Gare cheers for the wallpaper

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Still-Life_Best.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	7799  

Tweaked the metal and the wall paper and added a snuffbox and did some re arranging

Gare cheers for the wallpaper

Stu.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

however, it appears to me that you've used a short focal length for your camera. Try to set it to 80 or 100 mm, pull the camera back to get the same view. Reason: the candle lights appear to be oval - an obvious sign that you are using a wide angle lens ;-}

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

candle light? um, I don't see any flames?

anyhoo, looks much better with the metal container... everything is modeled nicely, I just think there is too much cherry glow , though this one is much better than the first in this respect... but yea, too much red... other than that no complaints at all, looks great Stu

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Gidget,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> candle light? um, I don't see any flames? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm, I didn't mean the flames, but the metal objects that hold the candles - help me, how do you call these? I tried the online translator - it says 'candle owner' which is definitely wrong. Candle stand should be the expression, but I'm not sure. Unfortunately I can't ask my wife - she attends a meeting tonight ;-}

Any suggestions? I'm eager to learn. What I meant is: the feet of the candle stands are looking oval, as if they are pulled to a center in the image.

Holy Lord, I think I surrender at this point :-/

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

They're called "candlestick holders".

My Best,

-g-
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Nice, very nice work Stu.
    I really like it. I agree with jens on the candelsticks, they give away a wide-angle lens. One other crit to a very nice work: I don't get the impression that there's glass over the picture in the frame. Maybe add a glass poly with a small amount of reflection (and some arbitrary reflection map) to up the realism a bit. The texture mapping on the frame is pulling a little as well, but I don't think a non-cg'er would notice much.

Great work Stu!

Brett

Thanks guys

jens - Ya your right that camera setting has to go.Needs more shelf as well I feel.

Gidge - Cherry red huh,I see orange glow,might be gamma maybe.

Brett - I didnt want to have glass over the painting I wanted the old world feel.It also has a hand painted bump map which has brush strokes which are semi realistic in the areas where more paint would build up.

The wood texture is looking a bit pixelated isnt it,might have to try a better res one

Ok back for tweaks I feel.

Stu.

Hey Stu... you are right in that the glow is sort of orangish, perhaps it was a carry over affect from viewing the first worx... which did have a cherry sort of glow to it... and naw, I doubt it is the gamma, your gold comes in pretty nicely... though I dunno, sure the mac to pc thing...

I see it in the match package more than elsewhere, the matck stick shows as should, as does everything els... must be a carry over... my apologies if this is just me and my wonky eys

So the match cover is oranish as in apposed to cherry pinkish?

tweaks... haha, tell me about it... I do more tweaking the tweaks than carving out new stuff... ugggg. is there no end to tweaking ? hahahahaha

More tweaks,much happeir with this version

Nope your right Gidge it is reddish,but now its blue .....

Crits please........I keep missing stuff now so its all helpful

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Still-Life_Best.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	11517