Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Local Publish

Default Local Publish

Hello - How do you publish to a local folder? I don't see an option in the publish area. Thanks!

Default Re: Local Publish

What version of Xara are you using? Please update your profile to allow us to respond to your particular product.

You can try File > Export Website. Or use the publish icon on the Infobar (see attached).

My screen capture is from Designer Pro X9. Web Designer 9 works this way. Earlier versions vary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	100607  

Hi Thanks for the response. I'm using WDP9 and using the export as you pointed out. Doing this and FTP-ing gets me the "out of memory" error. I was able to FTP twice prior to my post yesterday and then I keep getting the error regardless of export or FTP. No issues with the site for the past year when publishing and plenty of memory on the PC. Any assistance is appreciated as I need to make this update!!

Have you looked to see if there are any updates? Go to Help > Check for Updates.

From the thumbnail that gwpriester has posted above, click on the HTML icon, this allows you to save to a local folder. Create a new folder on your desktop as it's easier to find. After you click on the HTML icon, navigate to the new folder and then click on Export, this is the same as File - Export which is probably easier. I suggest creating a new folder to avoid any issues that may be lingering in your old export location.

Thanks for the responses.....I checked earlier for updates and there are none - I am up to date. I tried exporting to a new local folder as suggested in the post above but always get the out of memory response. I really need to make this update for a client. Anyone else have this isssue? :-(

Have you tried the usually successful shut down and reboot the computer fix? That's shut-down completely not restart.

Hi yes....I shut down last evening...rebooted today, as well as several other times....no luck!

Strange you cannot publish to a folder on your computer.

Do you have a lot of photos on this site? If so, use the Utilities > Optimize all Images. This may help.

And are you able to publish other sites to a folder?

If none of this helps then file a support ticket at http://support.xara.com/