Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mobile sketching tablet suggestions

I wonder if anybody has expericence of Sketchbook Pro and could suggest a good mobile tablet to use.
    I currently use corel painter 10 with a wacom intuous 3 a4 tablet but wish to explore the use of a 'live' tablet.

Not looking to spend too much £200 tops

Would this software work well on a Kindle HD?

any help or experiences shared welcomed
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Default Re: Mobile sketching tablet suggestions

That software will probably work on your Kindle HD just fine but don't know for sure. I have it on my iPad and it works fine.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

thanks Wizard got a while to think about it, not purchasing till end of april. what im looking for is something to sketch with for fun while on caravan holidays, lunch times at work etc, but it must be a tablet which is at least pressure sensitive if not tilt too.

I would just stick with paper and pencil.........lol but i in the market for a tablet anyways

I have Sketchbook pro on my droid works fine.
    Richard

with sensitivity? without it its very limiting, i have just tried it on kindle fire and it works but does not recognise pressure, going to try the HD version

TX I use Sketchbook Pro on Ipad and it is an easy programme to use but better on desktop version. It depends how you draw as I get frustrated on the Ipad as I like to do a basic sketch first and use layers to colour. My frustration is with the stylus size or seeing under finger what I am actually drawing as smallest stylus is 5mm or the Jot Pro type skitters across the glass in an uneven way. The tools in Sketchbook Pro are standard and the GUI is easy to use. Since I stated that the desktop version works better than the OIS version you might consider the Microsoft Surface would work with with the programme. You might want to ask in one of their forums of their experiences using a paint programme if you can afford that solution. Worth an ask any way
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks fellow Argyllite, my daughter has the kindle HD and will try it later for me. I dont have an Ipad (not a fan). I use the program on the laptop with my wacom tablet which is ideal (the same way you do, ie layers), but for mobile drawing i need the versatility of a tablet. The Micorsoft Surface would be a good option but not within my budget, but maybe one on the bay might be an option, thanks

Try using your finger on the kindle to see how you go on any free paint programme. I think Adobe Ideas is available for the Android which as good as Sketchbook Pro and is free. Then try a stylus as I was so used to using pencils to sketch as it was to use just my finger, it didn't feel right! I have found the Wacom Bamboo the easiest to use, nice balance and one of the smallest stylus points.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I too hate using my finger, there is just not enough accuracy for me, i prefer the sylus and without it i feel its just a childs toy, so spoilt with my wacom intuous3 and the drawing abiltiy it affords. Thanks for the tips

I own and highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 wifi 32GB (2014 edition) as a mobile drawing workstation. This edition has Android 4.3 and an upgraded 2560x1600 screen. It works great with the stock stylus and the preloaded version of Autodesk Sketchbook for Galaxy (2.9 Pro version optimized for Galaxy). It has an all day battery life and is very portable. A 12.2 is coming soon, but I like the size of the 10.1 and don't find it too small. If you need a Windows 8.1 system to run Xara and MS Office and Sketchbook Pro 6.2, my Surface Pro 2 cost twice as much, is three times thicker, needed to add a keyboard mouse and MS Office, and is twice as heavy. The stylus works better with the sgn10.1 (2014) than the sp2.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueEye71.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	100612
    My first sketch on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) with Sketchbook for Galaxy.