Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ungroup Letters?

Hi,

This may be a question answered elsewhere or it very easy, but how do you ungroup letters (for a logo design),

so that you change their position, edit them, etc? Thank you so much!!

Default Re: Ungroup Letters?

Hi Bill,

Select text with arrow tool, then click:

Arrange/Convert to editable shapes
    Arrange/Ungroup (2 times)

Marc

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Converting to editable shapes may or may not be what you are after. Once you convert your characters to editable shapes they are no longer text objects. If you wish your characters to remain text objects, just create a separate text object per character, and this will also allow you to move the characters independently.

Even if you are going to convert your characters to editable shapes, I would suggest using my method and cloning your positioned text objects to another (hidden and locked) layer before converting them to shapes. This way, if you do want to come back and change the font (or noticed that you misspelled something) it is quite easy to go back and grab the original text object for editing.

I hope that helps,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    Even if you are going to convert your characters to editable shapes, I would suggest using my method and cloning your positioned text objects to another (hidden and locked) layer before converting them to shapes. This way, if you do want to come back and change the font (or noticed that you misspelled something) it is quite easy to go back and grab the original text object for editing.
    That sounds really as good practice, thanks for the tip Eric