Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Has anybody managed to use the widget to play an mp3 file in pro x9

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have created a website using one of the free templates and as my 'client' is a muso' he wants samples of his work to be available from the discography page.

As per the documentation I dragged and dropped the mp3 file onto the page and magically the widget appeared. Very nice I thought so I previewed it and it worked.

Magic!

I exported the website to the providers server and it all worked except for the music widget which displays a striped bar (yes I did wait in case it was loading.)

I contacted support and after abortively trying to mail/ftp the files to them at their request put them on drop box. Since then nada.

If any of you have experience of this I would be most pleased to hear from you. I would be pleased to hear from you anyway, flames not withstanding as I already know how thick I am.

I am sure that the Xara support staff are busy; or maybe just as baffled by this as I.

PM davidmrace@gmail.com

Davey
    Last edited by Davey; 04 February 2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: NO PM information

Default Re: Has anybody managed to use the widget to play an mp3 file in pro x9

Can you provide us with a link or post the .web file (only the page with widget/.mp3) in this thread?

Greetings,

here is the link as requested.

http://www.tonyportlock.co.uk/discography.htm

Hello,

I figured it out eventually. Not Xara's fault but a security issue regarding .js files. When an exception was made all went as expected.

Dave

Can you let me know how you fixed the issue in steps as I am having the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryspy2001 View Post
    Can you let me know how you fixed the issue in steps as I am having the same issue
    Hi,

basically I contacted the admin's of the hosting company.

I did that after I looked at the logs for the website and found repeated errors to do with a file type '.JS' as unauthorised.

It turned out to be a security setting which they handled for me most expeditiously.

Here is the page url the player is on the first discography page

www.tonyportlock.co.uk

Bye

Thanks