Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

There's a new version (2.31a) that can be download at www.blender.org.
    Yes I know the learning curve appears to be be steep but ther's been alot of changes lately...
    - New UI that, in my opinion, makes it easy to master ;
    - New User guide (on pre-sale at Blender e-shop for 40 USD - will be shipped in January) with CD

Keeping track of the development of this free software, there's always new script that makes it competitive with other 3D apps.
    For example :
    - Nurbana source code (a free 3D Nurbs modeling tool) will be incorporated into the open source 3D modeling package Blender ;
    - Raytracing is now possible (again) within Blender ;
    etc.

Tons of tutorial can be found at www.elysiun.com in the forum section under Blender General.

I'ved tried Wings, Swift 3D and found them great also but I'm putting time into Blender to tried and master it...

This is my latest creation (WIP) with Ray tracing.

danifou
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blender001.jpeg 
Views:	226 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	14350  
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

There's a new version (2.31a) that can be download at www.blender.org.
    Yes I know the learning curve appears to be be steep but ther's been alot of changes lately...
    - New UI that, in my opinion, makes it easy to master ;
    - New User guide (on pre-sale at Blender e-shop for 40 USD - will be shipped in January) with CD

Keeping track of the development of this free software, there's always new script that makes it competitive with other 3D apps.
    For example :
    - Nurbana source code (a free 3D Nurbs modeling tool) will be incorporated into the open source 3D modeling package Blender ;
    - Raytracing is now possible (again) within Blender ;
    etc.

Tons of tutorial can be found at www.elysiun.com in the forum section under Blender General.

I'ved tried Wings, Swift 3D and found them great also but I'm putting time into Blender to tried and master it...

This is my latest creation (WIP) with Ray tracing.

danifou

Forgot to remind you that you can include armature into your creation and that Blender can do animation and the game engine should be back soon (can use the game engine from the 2.25 version)and.. and... and...
    For a free application, there's sooo many features

Very cool Dan.

Very nice Dan,

I've been looking to get involved with 3D for a while now and finally settled on Blender (from Wings3D, SILO and Blender) Very impressive and it does it all...Model, render and animation. I thought...why learn 3 apps when this one "does it all"..anyway...Your WIP looks great.

But the Blender UI so confused me..even "open" and "save" are odd...(Groan) Maybe when I get some 3D experience I'll try it again.

Hi Dan

Wow on the render, and hehe, this little elephant is sure a cutie...

good stuff, I look forward to viewing more of your Blender worx