Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Photographing designer 9 toolbar

hankrawn wheels is using XP&GD9 and so am I. The reset option is juat not there. However clicking on the control bars and general gives the tool set which can be dragged down. The problem with wheels tool set seems to be that the icons are now smaller, and they are on the wrong side of the ruler, there seems to be nothing I can do to fix it. I was just purposely moving my tool bar and thought for awhile I was in deep do, do, but, I got it back but now mine is on the wrong side of the rulers too, but at least they are larger like I had before.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I have just downloaded and installed XP&GD9, If you click on Windows>Control bars the forth option down resets them to default positions.

Regards
    Peter

ok - later version than me - but deltapete can see it in version 9 in the same place as I can in version 8.. so it should be there .... are you absolutely sure you are clicking on 'control bars' and not 'bars' - are you using a modified UI? [edit: as in not the default dark]

Yes I am sure. And yes I see the toolbar selection there but that is not the problem we are having. I think wheels is using a modified color scheme on his but I am using the default dark. What gets me is that I can move the tool bar around or even delete it and get it back but it does not dock where it was originally. Now it is on the inside of the ruler and before it was on the outside forming sort of a continuous border with the rest of the UI, now the rulers do that, but the toolbar does not. Wheels problem is slightly different in that the icons are now smaller and no matter what I cannot make them larger again, let alone put it back in it proper place on the left side of the left ruler which is where mine was before I moved it. I must admit that I have tried everything short of deleting wheels toolbar and resetting it from the windows/control bars, so I guess that is next.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

docking the toolbar should be straightforward - if it's not then resetting all the toolbars may well fix it, [but no guarantee because it may be an operating system issue], but it's what I would do if nothing else works - never seen toolbars dock inside the rulers, maybe this is a version 9 issue is also a possibility

the problem with the smaller icons may be due to the different colour scheme, I gave up on the light scheme partly because it flounced the text layout on my screen in various places in the UI - I don't remember an issue with over-small icons, but I would have had them set small anyway for preference...

sorry I can't be of more help

I thought I'd let you know that I fixed my toolbar problem by un-checking all the boxes in control bars, checked toolbar to bring it back, moved it until it docked where I wanted it then checked the various toolbars that I wanted, then checked rulers and now every thing is like it was before. Thanks for your help, it certainly pointed me in the right direction.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks Larry _ glad you got it sorted