Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DROP COPY FUNCTION ACTING WEIRD

(I'm referring in this post, to Xara Designer Pro X9, 64-bit version, running in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.)

Since the latest program update to version 9.2.7.30974, I've noticed some misbehaving of the Drop Copy function. Prior to the program update, I was able to right-click on an object, drag it to another location on the page, release the right mouse button and a copy of that object would be placed where I wanted it, no issues. Since the program update, when I now try to do the same thing, I may get multiple copies dropped along the mouse path, an arbitrary Tool from the Toolbar may be selected, or it may actually do what I wanted it to do - drop a copy where I wanted it.

I've reinstalled my mouse software, thinking maybe it became corrupt for some reason. That didn't fix the issue. However, it could be that my mouse is old and tired, and is just starting to show it's age by needing to go more frequently (mouse droppings)! LOL

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or it's just me? I'd really like to know, before I submit a ticket to the Xara Support Team.

Default Re: DROP COPY FUNCTION ACTING WEIRD

I have had a couple weird things happen, but not your issues. Once ina while a dragged copy will "jump" to a slightly different position once it initially displays. But that's it.

Mike

However, it could be that my mouse is old and tired, and is just starting to show it's age by needing to go more frequently (mouse droppings)! LOL
    LOL! Poor mouse! Served you well all these years and when it gets incontinent you blame it! Society today! I have to tape and/or glue my mouse's feet otherwise they fall off ... I know I can't get a better one

You might have a point. Have not had that problem with drop copy. Before you euthanize the mouse, you might try uninstalling and re-installing, running first time as administrator - this seems to works for various glitches.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I have had a couple weird things happen, but not your issues. Once ina while a dragged copy will "jump" to a slightly different position once it initially displays. But that's it

Come to think of it, Mike, I've had that happen on numerous occassions, also. Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Before you euthanize the mouse, you might try uninstalling and re-installing, running first time as administrator - this seems to works for various glitches.
    I was trying to avoid that. Think I'll save that idea as a last ditch effort and wait for a day or two for any others experiences with this issue.
    I wish the program had a Repair Installation feature, like most other programs. It does work very good at reinstalling missing or corrupt files.

Thanks, John. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully it won't end with me putting the mouse out to the cat!

as a rule when this happens the first question is - does the Mus 'misbehave' in any other program - if it doesn't then it's unlikely to be the Mus [mouse] itself although it could still be the software - don't usually need the software [eg logitech setpoint] for basic mouse functions in windows - does it 'misbehave' when running on windows drivers only...?

Try left clicking and dragging and click with you secondary (in normal case the right) button to make a copy.) In that way you even can make multiple copies by just dragging an object and drop it with your right button wheere you want.

And for your information: I have the latest update as well but I can't replicate the behaviour you describe.

Problem Solved: Though I hadn't noticed my mouse misbehaving in other programs, up until today, I did notice it when I was playing a game (BF4) earlier. First thought I was going to have to replace the mouse, but after repeated multiple quick pushings of the right mouse button, it seems to be functioning normally, once again. Yeah! I guess the switch had possibly became a little dusty, or there was something under the button which was preventing it from consecutively depressing completely. Thank you all that replied.

nothing a bath in isopropyl alcohol wont fix [for the mouse that is]

So you've solved the mouse's right-brain problem by concussing it Glad you're sorted
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64