Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pages not exporting correctly on FTP

Please help. Starting last week I am not able to ftp my files thru Web designer MX Premium and have them end up correctly on browser. This is when I have made a minor change to a page. There are large parts of page info missing, some cut off in mid sentence. I looked for a layer problem but have made no major changes on my end from last time I successfully updated a page. I've been using the web designer line for years now. This is the first time I've seen this happen. It's happened on two separate websites I have. Thank goodness I did not try it on my business website yet. Any ideas? Visit this Charity Raffle page and you will see what's happening. All I did before this update was add four sentences. No layers, nothing fancy, nothing. http://waterfallforge.com/raffle/ Thanks Buddy

Default Re: Pages not exporting correctly on FTP

You might try a few things.

Republish the site and uncheck the option to upload recent changes only.

If this does not work, then publish to a folder on your desktop and use a third party FTP program (such as Filezilla) to upload the contents of the folder to your web host. You will need to also upload the index_htm_files folder.

And if you go the third party FTP route, just to be on the safe side, delete all the files on the server first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publish.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	100440  

Gary

Thanks, I'll try that now. I did it last week but may not have moved all the files.
    Ever see this error message on ftp timeout? "No 5xx error code found in server response."

Gary

I used the different 3rd party FTP program on both of the sites that had problems and it worked fine. I had also tried to ftp these files up with not only the Web designer MX Premium ftp program but also with Photo and Graphic Designer 2013's ftp program (same one I guess) with the same bad results. Is there a patch for this problem or do they know a problem exists? Seems like this may have started after a major Windows 7 update. Can't be sure since I did the web page ftp's a week or two after the Windows update but it might be related in some way. Using a third party program will be fairly inconvenient but at least I know that it works. Thanks and let me know of any fix you may find out about if you would please. Buddy

Xara is aware of this problem and they are trying to keep up with it by way of patches.

Who is your web host by the way?

I have been having a lot of problems with Network Solutions. You would think for one of the more expensive web hosts this would not happen. They advised using the IP address for the server (the four numbers, e.g. 12.123.12.123) instead of the URL I was using. It has been partially successful.

Gary

I use OLM. I've been with them at least ten years. I don't think it's on their end. It's only happening with the Xara uploads and only for the last few weeks. Has Xara looked at the Windows 7 update possible conflict I mentioned.. The uploads were working fine till around the time of that update. Thanks

I had a similar problem recently with the same version ... a forum request yesterday returned the suggestion to look for file updates, as Xara has created a patch. Found 'em, downloaded and installed, and FTP now works properly. I had used the 3rd-party FTP solution until getting this fixed.

Ken

Where were the patches? The full update won't install for me. It downloads fine but upon starting install I get a message that says I need to install MX Premium for updates to work. But, I already have MX Premium installed and registered. Very frustrating. Thanks

Help>>Check for updates
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks, but the full updates don't work. I get message that says I need to install MX Premium after updates have downloaded but before install even though it is already installed and has been for a while.. I thought that perhaps there were some patches available for my problem.