Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Appalled at lack of response to non-existent confirmation e-mail

It's been 24 hours since I purchased Webdesigner 9 Premium and I have not yet received a confirmation e-mail despite 2 email requests and a phone call. I did receive a business template coupon though! What sort of service is this? I have found an activation code in my registered products area, but where is my PDF manual and the code for the Magix 1 year hosting? I am really annoyed at this cavalier attitude towards customers. I will be asking for a full refund if this not sorted by tomorrow.

Default Re: Appalled at lack of response to non-existent confirmation e-mail

What time zone are you and when did you contact Xara? Did the call get answered? Do you have ticket numbers?
    I am only asking as Xara do read these Posts and the more they know the quicker they can respond.

It is a while since I bought a new product but yes you should have received an email with your activation, without having to hunt for it.
    It may also have had your hosting code.

emails do get lost, deleted or put into spam folders - I assume you have checked?

The PDF doesn't come electronically, I believe you will get a CD with the application and manual but that is through snail mail.

You seem to have had Webstyle for a period so moving to WebDesigner should be a different learning experience.
    Unless you've a web site all designed and ready to publish, take the time now to practice.

Acorn

The PDF is a download and the link for download, along with the activation key, comes with the confirmation email. As Acorn suggests you should check your spam box.

Don't be appalled, are you sure you provided the correct email address. It has been my experience that Xara is quick to respond. I can tell you are upset but hang in there help is on the way.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I sent a heads up to Xara and it seems it might be a server issue. But at any rate, they are aware of the problem. So, try to be patient. Xara is aware of the problem and should be contacting you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I sent a heads up to Xara and it seems it might be a server issue. But at any rate, they are aware of the problem. So, try to be patient. Xara is aware of the problem and should be contacting you soon.
    Thanks for all your replies. I will be patient. As I said earlier, I did get an immediate email with the business coupon, so it is a mystery why the confirmation email did not arrive. There is nothing in the spam folder. In the UK, I believe the manual is a downloadable PDF and no cd is sent. I have been using webdesigner 5 for several years and Xara for many more so this event has been a disappointment. I hope it gets resolved soon. Thanks again everyone.

Let us know if you don't get a response.

Hi there

New here but having a similar situation.
    Bought Xara Designer Pro 2 days ago and still no confirmation email.
    Was able to retrieve my serial by logging into the Xara website...
    But no code to get my 12 months of premium web hosting.

Did get an email for the offer to buy the bundle yesterday!
    So they can send me an advertisement to buy it...
    But not confirm I already did!

Richard

Welcome to TalkGraphics Richard

Xara is aware of the problem and are working to get it fixed. It would be nice if they could check in here and reassure people however. Maybe if PeteS sees this message...?

Thanks... I'll be patient :-)