Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Imported images are turned black and white

Hi everyone long time no see... strange thing.. since updating my version of web designer pro 9, any images that I drag from my image folder goes from colour to black and white when dropped onto the page this isn't something that used to happen, strangely if I close the programme down and add an image it works for a few goes, then reverts to turning them black and white again, restarting the programme cures it temporarily.

Not withstanding I am being a muppet and missing something here - is it a known bug? or has the update got a "new" feature?

any help appreciated

Grumpy

www.grumpyoldgeezer.co.uk
    Last edited by Ramshackle; 28 January 2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Imported images are turned black and white

Grumpy

This sounds like something worth grumping over.

Does this happen if you create a new document and then drag and drop images?

I'm wondering if somehow your document got corrupted somehow.

Hi GW, thanks for the prompt reply.

Well opened a new project and can drag and drop images with impunity, added a few boxes, lines, text boxes etc to make it interesting and it seems fine, as you say seems like some form of corruption, strange its only started doing it since I did the upgrade... works till I do some other action and go back to bringing an image in, then black and white until I reboot the programme, a bit of a pain.

OK Next step, http://support.xara.com/ File a ticket.

They may want to see your .web or .xar file to determine what the exact cause of this vexation and grumpiness is.

Thanks Gary, have posted a ticket, lets hope they can sort it, it's driving me nuts...

Grumpy

Yeah, I know. I'm going on 72 years grumpy.

Gary if your about? I have lodged a ticket regarding the above, should I expect a confirmation email that it been received? if not whats the usual timescale for queries?

Have checked ticket status - showing "On Hold"

Ray

Grumpy

I have no idea, Ray. I should expect an instant confirmation that they received your ticket and someone will get back to you in this lifetime.

I think they have been having problems with some of their response systems and this could be part of that.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 31 January 2014 at 02:19 PM.

Hi Ramshackle. Your ticket was replied to on 29 Jan 2014 09:47 AM. The email address registered in your Xara account differs from the one used on Talkgraphics. Please can you check your spam folder to see if the message is in there? Additionally, please login to the support system, click on view tickets and you will be able to see your ticket and the reply

Kindest regards
    BB2

Hi bb2, thanks for the heads up, think I checked it yesterday but was saying on hold, will pop over and have a look now... thanks again

Update... have seen your reply and replied with details as requested, but have checked my inbox for the address I use over at support and their is no notification their you had replied etc.

Ray

Grumpy

Last edited by Ramshackle; 31 January 2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Updated status