Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Upgrade software from Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Cool, Lanarkshire. I think you will like it.
    Getting a bit frustrated with it.
    I am trying to make a badge into 3D. The picture just now is a PNG.
    I can't find out how to make it into a vector and when I try to get it to 3D all I get is a square.

Default Re: Upgrade software from Webster.

That'z most likely because you are starting off with a bitmap. There are several things you can do. Trace the image if it's not too complicated or do a bitmap trace however this last may not give you very good results. With the proper settings though you can get photographic results but I find that to be a problem especially if you want to remove some of the colors or parts of the image. If I were you I would try tracing all the different elements in the image first, that will give you vectors and you can color them like the origional, them either delete the origional or move it to the side, back to your trace if you are finished with it then you can group them or not it's up to you. Just be aware that if there are several different elements then if they are not grouped you can easily mess up the position relationships.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.