Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Thinking of upgrading

I've seen XPDG9/2013 available for affordable prices and I use XPGD7 and started thinking of upgrading. But what I want to know is what the pros-cons of each version are. I know I can get an informed opinion on here.

Default Re: Thinking of upgrading

I don't have XPDG9/2013 I do have XP&GD9. I'm reasonably certain that there are new tools that you will like, such as an eraser, color select/erase tool. so with that in mind I don't think you could go wrong. It would certainly be a positive step up from 7. I don't think you have either of those because the eraser wasn't introduced till version 8, and the other not until version 9. If XPDG9/2013 has those, go for it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I've only got XPDG7.

You could try the free 30 day trial, full functionality
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

For me the Photo Heal tool by it's self was worth the uprade. I can clean up a picture in no time

Bob

I can agree with Bob Rivers on that. See I jumped from XXP4 to XDP9, so I don't know what XPDG7 has or hasn't got, so I can't offer you much. I'd say go look at the Comparison or Advanced Features pages on Xara.com and see if there's anything you don't have, besides Photo Heal and Photo Erase - I've used the latter myself, and like it a lot.

Ugraded to XPDG7 this morning and inly just installed and had a quick go on it. I'm impressed by the eraser tool.