Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD9 Premium, What's the cause for the grey border on the left and right sides of mp4

WD9 Premium, Could someone explain why the grey border on the left and right sides
    of imported mp4 video file, the width sometimes varies depending on mp4 file.
    I hate doing this but I'm taking the lazy way out to show example's of what i'm talking about,
    so here is a link to my website showing examples, see links below:
    http://www.pnwhiker.org/zvideo/pnwvideo.htm , depending on your isp speed
    usually just takes 2 minutes or so to download, longer for slower isp's.
    or the main page http://www.pnwhiker.org, just click on Video camera icon to the left.
    I want to say thanks for any insight, and sorry aout having to take up anyone's valuable time.
    Thanks pnwhiker....................

Default Re: WD9 Premium, What's the cause for the grey border on the left and right sides of

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Your thread was moderated because you included a link on your first post which automatically hides your post until a moderator can determine if it is spam.

Not sure what the problem is but check back in a bit and one of the members will probably have the answer.

Default Re: WD9 Premium, What's the cause for the grey border on the left and right sides of

It may be that you have already found your solution because the videos look pretty nicely framed in their window when I looked at your link more than a month later on Feb 26th.

It might have been that the actual aspect ratio of the video itself was smaller than the size of your placeholder box... and maybe a little mis-sized possibly.

Sometimes when I place a video on a page... I have to go back and look at the videos original dimensions again and then tweek the placeholder box in Xara to match the actual video size itself...otherwise... I get letterboxing or edge lines on the sides too. Some videos are squarer or wider than you first think they are...so they require just a little matching up and tweeking to get the video window sized to match up perfectly.

Sometimes If I have a different set of permanent player controls down below the frame... I also have to add some extra pixels vertically to accommodate the height of the controls themselves.

Good Luck,

Suzzie