Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sketchbook Pro on a Surface2Pro tablet

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/members...410-apple3.jpg
    This is my first sketch of a Granny Smith apple using Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 6 on a Microsoft Surface2Pro using the Pro Pen stylus directly on the screen. I have not added the water droplets yet. This combo is a completely mobile drawing system. I can also run the full version of Xara P&GD9 using a Wacom feel driver on the Surface2Pro with direct ProPen to screen contact like a mini Cintiq.

It turned out too neon, but this is just a fledgling attempt.

Default Re: Sketchbook Pro on a Surface2Pro tablet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple3jpeg.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	100253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple4jpeg.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	100252
    I thought I might be able to draw one water drop and cut and paste it, but it was not that simple. Each water drop is individually drawn for different size, color, and light reflection. Some water drops had a dark base, color, and white highlights, and other were simpler. I used one water drop to hide a flaw at the bottom margin of the apple.

Default Re: Sketchbook Pro on a Surface2Pro tablet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple92.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	100266
    Notes on Autodesk Sketchbook 6.2: one license is good for 2 PC's, which is all I need for my office PC with Wacom tablet and my mobile Surface2Pro. In the previous example the water droplets on the top of the apple look like they are jumping off and the stem has major aliasing (jagged edges). The object misalignment is from selecting and moving. When I use the stylus to move something, the lack of friction between the stylus and screen make it hard to control when lifting the stylus off, making the object jump. Also, the stylus to cursor indexing is off, but I will try to recalibrate.

The standard image size in Sketchbook was too small, so in preferences I unchecked use width and height of window and went larger and also increased the pixels/inch. When drawing on small canvases you can get jagged edges (aliasing). I stretched out each layer to 300% and carefully aligned them. Then I had to go back and redraw the edges of the apple and stem using color match and a small airbrush to remove the jagged edges. This style of drawing is never ending if you have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder.