Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Data Dump/Export from WD9

Hi everyone!

I need to design a page that will collect input from users, like in a form...name etc, and automatically dump it into an excel sheet or database for the site owners to review. I am not sure how to go about doing this and was wondering if anyone had any tips or could point me in the right direction? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Default Re: Data Dump/Export from WD9

As given, your problem would require programming a form to post back data to a server-based program (probably running PHP) to collate into a database (probably MySQL) and so is not for the faint-hearted.

The collection part could be done with the JotForm widget in Xara.
    I don't know if the free account from JotForm allows subsequent processing and collation.

There will be reams of free examples out there, incorporating it into Xara will be the challenge.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn. It looks like JotForm has some apps on their site that my be helpful in pulling the data into an SQL database. I'm going to investigate further. Much appreciated!

babby

Great, do remember if there's anything other TGers can gain from your experience - post it.

Acorn