Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Source For Bitmap Fills

Hey Guys, I can't I never tried out the bitmap fill tool until now lol. I was wondering if there are sites that you can get fills and add them into to Xara, I have tried a few texture files, but for what ever reason Xara does not find them when I load the directory (disk fills...)

Thanks.

Default Re: Source For Bitmap Fills

This is one of the best I have found http://www.cgtextures.com/

You can download for free but there is a limit to the amount you can download in one day and some larger files are for members only.

I have a membership which is not cheap, but I use a lot of their textures in my stereograms and it is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelrobi View Post
    Hey Guys, I can't I never tried out the bitmap fill tool until now lol. I was wondering if there are sites that you can get fills and add them into to Xara, I have tried a few texture files, but for what ever reason Xara does not find them when I load the directory (disk fills...)

Thanks.
    If you have them saved and in a folder somewhere go to disk fills and navigate to that folder and that will add a folder to your fills. Otherwise just import the one you want at the time.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I use photo textures extensively in my cartography work, and definitely recommend the site, GWPriester points out with CG Textures site. However, I never worry that my textures are not in the Fill Gallery. Rather I use a separate directory to place all those images, then import them one at a time, as I need them. I've been making maps and using imported textures like this for 8 years without any problems. I never need to directly port my images to Xara's fill gallery - completely unnecessary to do so.

I have several folders of textures that appear in my Fill Gallery (see highlighted entries in attached)

Adding these folders is not hard.

Create a folder on your computer that contains your fills.

Open the Fill Gallery and click Disc Fills...

Browse to the folder on your hard drive.

Select and open the folder and click Add.

A dialog opens and asks if you want to create an Index. Press Create.

If you add images to your folder they do not appear in the folder automatically. You need to:

In the Fill Gallery, click Disc Fills...

Browse to your fills folder and open the folder.

Select the XaraInfo folder and click Update.

When asked, click Create New Index.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	disc fills.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	100247  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Browse to the folder on your hard drive.

Select and open the folder and click Add.

A dialog opens and asks if you want to create an Index. Press Create.

If you add images to your folder they do not appear in the folder automatically. You need to:

In the Fill Gallery, click Disc Fills...

Browse to your fills folder and open the folder.

Select the XaraInfo folder and click Update.

When asked, click Create New Index.
    That's the way I should have said it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Gary Bouton and others have given away some very nice seamless tiles/fills on the Xara Xone free giveaways page Also try the Clipart forum here on TG for some good free tiles and earlier this month I posted a scrapbooking kit that contains a set of 12 seamless paper textures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

WOW thanks guys!! this is great information! I have seen some of Gary Bouton's Xara Xone stuff. I am very jealous, on his november 2013 video he showed a page layout with a drawing of a Gibson LesPaul. I would love to see that Xara file for learning purposes! I am also a musician and I was absolutely blown away by the drawing on that page layout. Gary is there anyway we can talk? Thanks so much!