Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Still Having Problems With Xara 3D version 7 - Is Xara 3D version 6 easier to use??

I am beginning to suffer some frustration using Xara 3D Maker vs. 7. Here is what continues to happen using Xara 3D vs. 7:

File > Save as: File name, Sharing Superb Services.gif
    Save as Type: Xara 3D (*X3D)

File > Export animation:
    File Name: Simply Sharing Superb Services.gif
    Save as Type: Gif (*gif)
    I save file.

Export Animation Gif: window pops up
    I hit the save button.
    The "Simply Sharing Superb Services" animation words shows and looks great.

I open Xara Web Designer 7:
    File > Import
    Import File Window opens (J Drive)
    I type in "Simply Sharing Superb Service.gif"
    Drop Down Menu > gif placeholder (*gif)
    When I click Open" an Error Message Windows Opens
    "The object you have created has been added to a layer that is locked or invisible. You may not be able to see or select it. Use the Page & Gallery to make the layer visible and unlocked.

My questions are, what am I doing wrong? Is it possible to find an easier way to import Animated Text to a web page? Is it possible to "copy & past" the animation word docs onto a web page?

I tried saving the Xara 3D animation word doc to my Desk Top and then dragging it onto my webpage. This did not work. First off, I found it impossible to open my web page so that the animation could be dragged onto. I understand this is a lot of information, but I wanted to get it all out so that you would know all I've tried to do to make this work. Any help I get will be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance.

Default Re: Still Having Problems With Xara 3D version 7 - Is Xara 3D version 6 easier to use

Probably all you need to do is ensure your MouseOff layer is selected. Or, if you intend the animation is destined for another layer, that has to be unlocked (tick red padlock).
    I do believe, however, that animations need to be dropped into an animation template. You need to read the Help.

I do have X3D7 but not fired it up in a while.

Acorn

Default Re: Still Having Problems With Xara 3D version 7 - Is Xara 3D version 6 easier to use

Xara 3D Maker 7 works very well. Not many differences between that and X3D6 that I can tell, some of course but if you can use X3D6 you should have no trouble with 7. The problems you are having sounds like web page problems and in that area I cannot help. I think Acorn has the right idea however, and he is knowledgeable in that area.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi,
    animations have to be in a container in Xara Designer (either one you add yourself) or in a scripted container. If you have the animated 'gif' on a hard drive then make sure you are on an editable layer and Unlocked/visible go to file import and navigate to the folder with the gif animation and import you may have to resize it and it may only be viewable in previwe mode till you export the site.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Good morning all and thank you so much for your helpful responses. My problem along with trying to build a website is getting more familiar with "computer jargon". I am trying to learn more about various computer terminology so that I can clearly understand when you all provide helpful hints about what I need to do to overcome current difficulties. I am working on it. I will try what you all suggest. Thanks so much for your concern and interest in assisting me.