Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Warning From Xara Web Designer Premium

Well, I've run into a problem and have to come back to the well of knowledge. Because of advice received here I have been able to finally get www.newpathwaysconsultants.com published but can seem to get the animation graphics on page 2 and 5.

"The object you have created has been added to a layer that is locked or invisible. You may not be able to see or select it. Use the Page & Layer Gallery to make the layer visible and unlocked".

This is the pop up box I get each time I try to import my animation.swf graphic (using Xare 3D Maker version 7) into my Xara Premium 7 website. I have no idea what this error message means. What I have discovered that in the past whenever I've been successful getting an animation onto a website page it has been "hit or miss". I can never duplicate the process. Plus, now i know I should use the swf extension when I saved the animation. What I am looking for, is a means by which I can always get the same results (import animation graphics) by using a fail proof process. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks all.

Default Re: Warning From Xara Web Designer Premium

Choose a different layer before you import. The layer you have selected is a locked layer (red padlock in the layers gallery). So choose a layer that doesn't have the red padlock icon.

Don't know how many times I have done this with just bringing in images or graphics using XDP. Still slap myself for doing it. One would think I would learn not to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Choose a different layer before you import. The layer you have selected is a locked layer (red padlock in the layers gallery). So choose a layer that doesn't have the red padlock icon.

Don't know how many times I have done this with just bringing in images or graphics using XDP. Still slap myself for doing it. One would think I would learn not to do it...
    Dear Mwenz, thanks for responding. Can you be a little more specific how do I find these layers and then unlock the layer I need to be concerned with? Would this be the process each time I want to add an animation graphic or text to a webpage? Thanks so much and I do appreciate. Bob

I don't have any of the Web products.

Presuming that the Web products are like XDP, look at the screen shot below. It is showing a portion of the Page & Layer Gallery. I have a layer selected that has a red padlock showing. Xara products allow one to import to a locked layer (they shouldn't) or paste a previous copy function to a locked layer (they shouldn't). When one does do either of those functions when one has a locked layer selected, they get that error message.

The solution is to select a layer that does not have the red lock icon or first unlock the layer prior to importing or pasting.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000949.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	100145