Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default import .web page into existing xara web

I can't remember how I imported a .web file into an existing xara web. Can someone help me please? Using the Import function doesn't seem to be working. Keeps bringing up the old file. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: import .web page into existing xara web

You can try dragging and dropping your old .WEB file onto a new Page in your new .WEB file.
    You may have to unlock page length and do check you page names afterwards.

Acorn

You do not state which version you are using Nita which makes it harder to answer your question.

If by .web page you mean from your Xara document and not your website, and if you are using one of the newer versions, you can use Edit > Copy Page to copy a Xara page in one document and Edit > Paste Page to paste that page into a new or other Xara document.

Doesn't work. Keeps bringing in the older page. These are both .web files produced with same Xara Web Designer MX Premium. The new .web file has been saved to the original directory and I can see it there, but can't bring it into an actual web page on the original website. I've tried dragging and dropping, renaming, importing. I know there's probably a something simple I'm overlooking since this should be an easy thing to do. Thanks again for your help.

It's odd. I can copy and paste and I can see the correct page until it gets to the "match or not match" screen. It doesn't matter which one I choose because it still imports without some of the new additions. Confused.

Do you have both documents open?

It is very straight forward. You can also just right click in the pasteboard area and select Copy Page, etc.

Make sure also that Multiple Page View is enabled so you can see the pasted page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy and paste.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	100045  

The only choice I'm given when right clicking is "Copy Rectangle". Don't have a choice of "Copy Page". When I have it still doesn't bring in the page. I can see it before the "Match" screen comes up, but when it imports or is pasted it only shows the older page.

Make sure (in the Page & Layer Gallery) that the Page Background and Pasteboard Background layers are locked.

OK. That lets me copy the page and then paste it, but the problem is that when it shows the page before I have to choose "Match" or not, it is correct, but after I select either Match or Not Match it changes the page to the older page not the newer page.

I think you have missed the part as posted by Acorn. It has to be a NEW page not an existing one.