Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fill galery

Unhappy fill galery

Hi Folks,

I have just discovered that in my copy of XDP X9 Fill Galery does not exist.
    No matter how many times or with which mouse button I click on the
    Fill Galery button nothing show on the screen.

I was trying to install it from the XDP X9 DVD but there is no such file
    and it is not possible to run install program because my XDP X9 pro has been updated
    on line and it is newr version than the one on DVD.

Has anybody any idea how to get the Fill Galery back to XDP X9?
    All ideas are welcome.

My best
    Pawel

Default Re: fill galery

Hi,

Now I feel bad, in some way I have restarted my XDP X9 and then
    the Fill Galery was there. I have no idea what was wrong and how it get back
    but now it is there.

Sorry for false alarm and taking your time with my lack of knowledge of XDP X9.

my best
    pawel

No problem. You've wasted no one's time, and your posts will likely help another user who experiences the same issue. Thanks for contributing!

Allison

Not a problem pawel, we are here to help, but glad it's working now.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You never really explained how you 'restarted'. Do you mean re-installed or you simply closed and opened the program? Cuz I'm getting awfuly frustrated that I cannot change the width of the lines on text. I already don't like the fact that text is not fully editable to begin with, like it is in Inkscape, but there is no way to change the fill properties either?! (because I know some bloak will say it: yes, I have converted the text to an editable object already. This step is ridiculous to me becuz in a free program, the text is fully editable. Too bad Inkscape has such trouble saving things into a proper format. The rest of the program is bloody amazing and blows this one away. Only thing Designer has up on them is the files save correctly and to key file types, nonetheless.)

With all these limitations for logod design, I think $200 is a much more appropriate price than $300. Also nervous if the other functions of the program are just as clumsy and stripped down, as well. Sad... had my hopes up with all the hype surrounding this software.

EDIT: Just realized something: the limitations on my copy may be due to the 30-day trial. That stinks since I am now less likely to buy the product if I cannot experience what all of it's capabilities are. The provided ones are not very impressive, to say the least.

Change outline width like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-24_231224.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	99989

No converting to shapes, fully editable
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Try taking screen captures to illustrate clear, concise instructions of what you are attempting to do. A sample file would also go a long way to helping you.

If I am even moderately understanding what you are writing, you are not doing something correct if you are having the issues I think you are having.

This is live type (the red vertical line is the cursor and is therefore editable type) filled with a bitmap of denim material.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000887.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	99990  

Ah, very good. Well, then it must be the limitations on the trial version. Honestly never understood companies making that decision. If you have someone interested in the pro level features yet you disable them in the trial, how does that help a company sell the product? Only thought I have is perhaps they are worried about ppl who crack them, perhaps at least they don't get all the software? But that might not be right, because the activation key unlocks the program, so if they crack it, they get all the features anyways. Oh well.

But that is much better to see. Thanks for the screen shot. Did you use the fill menu for that? In my trial version, I do not have access to the Fill/Line Gallery.

There are no limitations on the trial version.

Read your other post. Sorry, I thought the trial had no limitations. Likely due to many of those things being a download as needed/wanted thing.