Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to restrict slideshow content

I have an image page with five groups of photos. I would like the slideshow player to only show one group of photos at a time rather than cycling through all the photos which is it's default nature. Is this possible? I have searched but have not found an answer so far.

Kris

Default Re: How to restrict slideshow content

Kris, What I would do is create five pages with a slideshow on each, throw in a simple NavBar to move back and forth and finally embed the first slideshow into an IFRAME Placeholder on your main display page.

Acorn

Acorn,

Thanks for your solution. I can see this will work but does change the aesthetics of my page. I will think about this.
    Basically you are saying that I can't have two slideshows on the same page. Too bad.

Kris

You can but you would have to add in a bit of JavaScript (JS).
    Basically, each Placeholder would have to have a Name and you would create five buttons. The button JS (here I would use jQuery) would hide all the other slideshows that would have to be stacked over each other.

I recently described another approach, without JS, (search Zoom widgets) where you would embed each IFRAME on its on Layer on your page.

What do you mean when you mentioned the approach would "change the aesthetics of my page"?

Acorn