Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to embed a google calendar to website

I'd like to add a calendar to my websites. I'm probably doing something wrong because I tried using Google aps, I embedded the code, added an event to the calendar but when I published it, the calendar appeared small with no events, it served no purpose. I saw instructions on how to embed a calendar
    on another post but I can't locate it anymore. I'd appreciate any updated info about embedding calendars using my gmail account. Thanks! Blacklemon

Default Re: how to embed a google calendar to website

First you need to have a Google Calendar account. You manage the calendar and add the events on the Google Calendar website.

Then you specify a size for your calendar and generate the Embed script which goes into a Placeholder in Xara the same size as the calendar you have created. The script goes in the Placeholder > Replace (body) section.

Thanks for the instructions GWPriester. I'm still working out some kinks on the calendar situation. It's not as easy as you described but I'm determined to make this work. Can anyone show me what the calendar looks like on their website?

http://yogacrossroads.com/classes.html This is my yoga instructor's website. We exchange an hour of yoga for an hour of Xara instruction.

[ATTACH=Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calendar  web image.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	100037

close but no cigar yet. The calendar does not line up within the placeholder box. Maybe if I make the calendar smaller but should that really make a difference in formatting and centering the calendar? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would love to see other xara samples of successful calendars and event pages. Thanks

Very cool. this is what I'm talking about. Okay, so I'm convinced that I can make this work, just needs a little tweaking. Btw, my goal is to place calendars on several client's websites so that they can actually handle their on google calendars through their gmail accounts. Make sense? Thanks again!