Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Placing HTML code in the body of a page

I want to place HTML code into the body of a page so I right click on the page and select Web Properties, then I go to the Page tab and select HTML Code (Body). Then I paste the code into the window and click OK. Then I save the Web and publish it. When I look at the page in a browser (any browser) the text appears outside the page. Not where I expect it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Placing HTML code in the body of a page

I believe the code has to be in the correct format. If not it will appear as noted.

Post the code you are trying to use and we'll critique it for you.

Acorn

Thank you gwpriester and Acorn, I have done it the "hard" way by pasting it onto the page and editing out the html code so that I was left with the text I was trying to insert. Having looked at the code more carefully, I see that it was not complete. I cut it out of the code from an existing page but I didn't cut enough coding with it. Thanks again. I really like the cooperative spirit of this board.

Be aware that any page that you hand edit, that the document will be overwritten the next time you publish.

When you use a placeholder, the script/code is inserted every time you publish.

Were you only after the text or did the HTML do something, like formatting?
    If it was text, you don't need to use a Placeholder.

For futre reference, phrase your queries similar to "I want to do [this]. I have [this], but it doesn't work". You'll find lots of TGers flocking to present their solution.

Acorn

Thanks gwpriester and Acorn, I was mainly transferring text from my old site to the new one so it turns out that it was best to not use a placeholder after all. I appreciate the words of wisdom since I am not new to web design but I am new to Xara. Xara is truly revolutionary. I remember the tedium of positioning objects using tables and css. Those days are gone forever. Thanks again.

It's great to hear that. You will appreciate Xara more and more as you uncover its nuances.
    Do share your discoveries with us all.

Acorn