Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unannounced by Xara, I just saw at their site that Webstyle 3 was released already.
    If it wasn't for Gary, we would not have known a thing about it. (So much for Xara caring for us ...)

After reading the what's new, it appears that one still may not create own designs. You are still limited to the ones on the CD. What's the use of that again ??
    First Xara sort of promised an update or tool for creating own designs for WS2 and now they are releasing WS3 *still* without it ???

Xara, sometimes I just fail to understand you ...

Wolfgang

P.S.: While I don't care that much for WS3 anyway, I am really anticipating Xara 3D 5. The new features sound very promising. Due to Xara's consequent silence will I have to check their website bi-daily until the release ???

telling me about it - today. As well as with news about stuff here. Maybe you are on a blacklist!?

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Nope ...

I received the monthly (or is it bi-monthly ??) Xara News just now.

But why did no Xara representative drop in to tell us about it first hand ??

They certainly think about us, when they need info about new distributors ...

Wolfgang

Xara looks like they are finally getting back to offering boxed versions of their software, with a manual. Hopefully this will continue with the new version of Xara X.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

but I am with Wolfgang here, they should assign a member of the elite Xara Ltd. team to hang out here and keep us informed of what's going on there instead of all this silence, but then we've been through this already. If they did that then the compitition would know of the improvements and put it out before Xara could. But then again they would probably put out a terribly buggy version of it and Xara would release a nice stable version of it, so we would be ahead in the end anyway!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I got the Xara News e-mail today and it did mention the new version of Xara Webstyle in fact I figured that was the purpose of the e-mail. Like Gary's tut and workbook and the guests artist etc. are really old news.

My Stuff

You people... you never visit the cradle of all things beautiful more than every two months... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you would have... you would have picked up on the new release of Webstyle3.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I think Webstyle3 will work great for the audience it is targeting. You can make a site look pretty nifty compared to what can be done by a newbie with e.g, only FrontPage.

Even Ross Jr. would not have been able to mess things up (too badly) with Webstyle... that gives the product high marks in my book. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Wolf - I see, understand and agree to a certain degree with what you are saying... but I think you are a "tinsy-bit" to advanced of a user to be impressed by Webstyle... But I agree that the ability to share designs would have been s smart thing to implement - nothing better than free stuff "out there."

I am a very skeptical person... ok, paranoid... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Reading the press release made be SOMEWHAT "nervous" about the future existence of Xara X... but that is probably just me... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Risto,

like I said, I am not too interested in WS3 anyway.

BUT: If it would be possible to create own designs, I *would* do so.
    First it would be fun, second I could help me "getting known" by folks who don't know about my company yet.
    Sometimes people try to build their own homepage, but then go to a professional company instead.

All of that would help Xara greatly in selling their products, but it seems they don't really want that ...

My main point of criticism though was, that the marketing machinery of Xara is silent as always.
    The newsletter coming shortly after the release must be some sort of coincidence. I remember when Xara 3D 4 was released once in December (2000??), I got the Newsletter announcing the "brand new" X3D4 in March ...

I am sure, we do a lot here for Xara's reputation. We welcome Newbies with open arms and help them with the basics. Some of our great artists here show off their work, thus motivating even more people to buy Xara's software.
    This ist sort of Xara's social support, only free of charge and that we are having fun with it.

Would it really be sooooo hard, if one of Xara's own would pop in once in a while to tell us what's going on ??
    No need to reveal new features too soon, but something like "hey guys, we want you to be the first to know, that we are releasing product X in three days. Find all about it in three days on our homepage".
    More like a friends to friends thing ...

Or am I too sensible here ??

Wolfgang

Wolfgang

The announcement was made in the Xara Newsletter which went out yesterday. (Kate, and all of England are currently engrossed in the world cup and I was informed not to expect anything out of England for the month of June :-)

The reason the newsletter was so late is that Kate was waiting for the final release of Webstyle 3. And given the propensity of most software companies to announce the release of software months before it actually ships, I do not have a problem with the late announcement.

I just nipped over to the Xara.com site to look for a link to the newsletter. I came up with nothing.

Maybe one of you who receive the newsletter, albeit sparodically and often a bit tardy :-) could pass along the URL so Wolfgang, and others who would like to know what is happening, can. (That was a question, I think?)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone