Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ECWID Store Not working

Hi Guys,

I have put up a store on my webpage and asked a mate to go an buy something, which he did but could only do it by personal cheque, the paypal option did not work.

I saw on the tutorial video by Angelfire that you had to put in your ECWID store number on your Paypal account somewhere, but I can not find where to put it.

Do I need to open a business account with Paypal as at the moment I only have one that I use to buy stuff on eBay.

Can someone check out www.image23.fr on the shop and see if it will let you buy on Paypal. I promise I'm not trying to generate sales

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Den

Default Re: ECWID Store Not working

To setup paypal you need to sign in to ecwid then go to 'System Settings' (top right hand side of the control panel) click on it and then on the tabs which come up click on the 'Payment' tab and under the section for 'Payment Processor you need to enable both Credit Card and Paypal, click on 'Choose payment processor', select paypal website payments standard and enter the email you use for paypal, then click on 'Enable' then Save and that's it, check to make sure that it appears correctly in your store. You do no need to make any changes in your paypal account. You do not need a business account with paypal but I would do that as it looks far more professional and will give assurance to your site visitors.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    To setup paypal you need to sign in to ecwid then go to 'System Settings' (top right hand side of the control panel) click on it and then on the tabs which come up click on the 'Payment' tab and under the section for 'Payment Processor you need to enable both Credit Card and Paypal, click on 'Choose payment processor', select paypal website payments standard and enter the email you use for paypal, then click on 'Enable' then Save and that's it, check to make sure that it appears correctly in your store. You do no need to make any changes in your paypal account. You do not need a business account with paypal but I would do that as it looks far more professional and will give assurance to your site visitors.
    Ahh I only have the Paypal enabled not the credit card enabled as I am still waiting for 2checkout to validate my application.

So once I have both enabled I should be up and running?

Many thanks.

Yes, also are you aware that paypal can also process your credit/debit card orders as well? The visitor gets directed to the paypal site for both options and are given the choice of paying via paypal or credit/debit card.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk