Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lost copy of Xara Extreme pro 5

I've gone and lost my copy of Xara Extreme pro 5.

I've search high and low for a replacement, but to no avail. I keep getting redirected to Magix latest creation (over �200) which isn't a good proposition for ma as I'm a pensioner and the learning curve would be too steep.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a free copy, I'll pay for the software if I can find it as I have the manual and I've been using it for some time now.

Does any one have an idea where I might obtain this software without getting my computer contaminated with stuff I don't want (Trojans).

Thanks a lot.
    Fabian

Default Re: Lost copy of Xara Extreme pro 5

Honestly, I just went from XXP4 to XDP9, and other than some added and improved tools, its virtually the same. I found no learning curve difference between the old and new software versions. I recently learned how to use Magic Erase - one of the new features in XDP9, but it was not significantly difficult to learn. I get the pensioner reason, but not the learning curve, as there is no learning curve, not really, if you are at all familiar with XX5.

Have you contacted Xara?
    If so, what did they say?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Hello Gamerprinter
    It was more a question of the hole in my monthly pension that I was more concerned about. But I've downloaded the trial and got an extension to the trial. No doubt it will grow on me if all else fails.

Hi Rik
    I've emailed Xara explaining my predicament and asked them to sell me a licence for the Pro 5. As I told Gamerprinter its a lot for a pensioner to fork out especially at this time of the year. (Grand kids wake up on Christmas morning and find nothing from Grand dad because he bought Designer Pro 9) My wallet just groaned.

Thanks for your replies and I'll let you know what happens.

Merry Christmas.

Michael.
    Fabian

Teach the grandkids to use Xara Designer Pro 9 and everybody will have a happy christmas.

Hi Michael, if your not happy with your download trial (£££££) and all else fails, I have in my collection P&GD6 - XtremePro - XtremePro 4 and I would be happy to post you any of your choice after Christmas, if this helps?

Stygg

Thanks fellas I appreciate your help.

Its all very well you saying that Gary, but the Adam is 2 and the Leanne is 4. Its hell of a job to get them to sit still long enough to explain what Designer pro actually is, and then have their mother shouting 'Are you insane'. I like the quiet life, so I'll pass on that one.

That's a nice gesture Stygg.

But I've had a look at my bank balance and I may purchase #9, depending on what Xara has to say first.

Seasonal greetings to you all.

Michael

Can't wait till January 2nd.
    Fabian

Same issue and I'm disliking X9 a lot. I really want XTreme 5 back

Quote Originally Posted by JofArnold View Post
    I'm disliking X9 a lot. I really want XTreme 5 back
    Why? I have both XDPX and DP&D9 installed at this time and I find the new tools very good and helpful. I sure wouldn't want to go back.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by JofArnold View Post
    Same issue and I'm disliking X9 a lot. I really want XTreme 5 back
    To be fair [for the benefit of those casually browsing or only getting snippets elsewhere who might get the wrong impression] you have had your problems resolved http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...me-5-need-help

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64