Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pop Up Gallery Options

I know I am being really picky here but is there an option anywhere for when my pop up pictures from the Xara template gallery 'pop up' that the border can either be a different colour or indeed be removed?

If not... are there any 3rd party galleries that I can incorporate into my gallery pages as I do with my flash player?

Thanks in advance guys.

Default Re: Pop Up Gallery Options

Here are some tweaks to have your popup pictures show without a border. Select the MouseOff Layer of your gallery page and drag & drop the attached .web file onto the pasteboard.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Boy.

Not really sure how to get it into the mouseoff layer. I don't really understand the mouseoff layer. I click on it then when I select an object it goes straight onto the pagebackground layer.

I have downloaded the attachment but can not work out how to get it in the gallery.

I'm sorry I am a bit thick. What is a pasteboard, is that a placeholder?

Just select the MouseOff layer in the Page and Layer Gallery and then drag & drop the tweak document from Windows Explorer into the photo gallery page of your website.

The pasteboard is all the space around your actual web page.

A placeholder is an object that contains some additional code. The two tweaks I provided are placeholders and they contain some code with which the gallery slideshows look a bit different (i.e., without a border).

Have you looked at the Help file? It might clarify some of the terms that Xara uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Just select the MouseOff layer in the Page and Layer Gallery and then drag & drop the tweak document from Windows Explorer into the photo gallery page of your website.

The pasteboard is all the space around your actual web page.

A placeholder is an object that contains some additional code. The two tweaks I provided are placeholders and they contain some code with which the gallery slideshows look a bit different (i.e., without a border).

Have you looked at the Help file? It might clarify some of the terms that Xara uses.
    Aww you mean I have to read the instructions?

Point taken but your explanation is a bit clearer now.

Have a good Christmas Boy and thanks again.

Reading instructions, isn't that awful??

Did you manage to use the tweaks?

Hi Boy,

I managed to figure out how to get it to the gallery page and it works fine, except on a couple of the pop up photos and it still shows the border at the top but no borders on any other portion of the pop up.

It is exactly what I was after, thanks very much.

Den

Ignore the above message there was a problem with the preview but when actually published it works perfectly.

Thank you very much it is just what I wanted.

Den

Den, I tried the gallery but both in IE and Google there is some white background or border showing when the photos pop up. Does not seem quite right and does not look too good. Perhaps you can post a .web file with just one page of photos so that we can take a look at it.

I have another few tweaks for your that I prepared some years ago. One allows you to remove the white "X" in the upper right corner and replace it with another one that you might like better. The other tweak you can use on the French version of your gallery pages and what it does is show the directions for the slideshow controls in French when you hover the cursor over them. If you want to change the French texts you can do so in Utilities/Web Properties/Placeholder and click the "HTML code (head)" button. Don't forget to click "Apply" when you are done.

In both cases, select the MouseOff layer and place the placeholders on the pasteboard.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Boy that is really very kind of you. I am sorry I should have said I have only added the tweaks to the portrait gallery in the english and French pages.

I just had not had time to do it in the other galleries yet, but will do tomorrow, I'm just trying to get me shop sorted at the moment.

I'm sorry if I have had you on a wild goose chase.

The portrait galleries look good to me and as I said exactly what I wanted and will give the other bits a go tomorrow.

Thank again.

Den