Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hmmm... when I add a page to my site, it inserts an unwanted NavBar button?

Help, I have gone through and set up my NavBar ahead of time... with all the anticipated sub-menu items, etc. But when I add a page to my site in the "Page & Layer Gallery", it adds a new menu button for me by overwriting one of my previously set up NavBar buttons? Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Ideally, I just want to add blank pages to the site, and then go link the menu buttons to them after the pages are complete... having the "add page" function automatically "add and overwrite menu buttons" is really annoying...

Thanks, Cabe...

Default Re: Hmmm... when I add a page to my site, it inserts an unwanted NavBar button?

Double click on the Navigation Bar, select the page(s) you do not want to appear on the nav bar and delete them.

Default Re: Hmmm... when I add a page to my site, it inserts an unwanted NavBar button?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Double click on the Navigation Bar, select the page(s) you do not want to appear on the nav bar and delete them.
    I don't think I described the problem very well... I know how to delete the pages from the NavBar, it's just that when I add a page in the Page & Layer section, it doesn't just "ADD" a NavBar button, it overwrites an existing one... so, the question is... how do I add pages "without" effecting the NavBar, since the new pages are overwritting existing NavBar buttons?

HELP, this is driving me crazy...

Note that in the pictures, "Job Submission" has been overwritten...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	99958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	99957

Quote Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
    I don't think I described the problem very well... I know how to delete the pages from the NavBar, it's just that when I add a page in the Page & Layer section, it doesn't just "ADD" a NavBar button, it overwrites an existing one... so, the question is... how do I add pages "without" effecting the NavBar, since the new pages are overwritting existing NavBar buttons?

HELP, this is driving me crazy...

Note that in the pictures, "Job Submission" has been overwritten...

Name:	before.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	99958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	99957

Okay... solved the issue... Under the "NavBar Properties" dialog, you have to "uncheck" the box making the NavBav a "SITE" NavBar... then you have to right-click the NavBar and tell it to appear on "ALL" pages...

Name:	fix.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	99959

Glad we could help.