Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [Desgnr9] About features of Pro Designer 9

After plowing thru some of the features and other stuff on Xara website, it is not clear to me if
    the Designer Pro 9 has all the capabilities of the other lesser products such as
    Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9?

And secondly, is it possible to export a photo album as *.avi video file from Xara designer Pro 9?
    If it is, can anyone direct me to a tutorial or other instructions?
    Xara Designer Pro 6.1.2.13287 Running on Win7 (64 bit)

Default Re: [Desgnr9] About features of Pro Designer 9

The Pro has everything of every other product. The others are various subsets of the Pro version.

Don't know the answer to the AVI question as to quality, but there is an AVI export for documents that are of the animation type.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The Pro has everything of every other product. The others are various subsets of the Pro version.

Don't know the answer to the AVI question as to quality, but there is an AVI export for documents that are of the animation type.
    Thanks, that clears up about the products.

When I mentioned exporting, I'm thinking photo album or slide show with transitions for display by way of DVD over TV that is not high def, so NTSC will be as good as it gets, no matter what quality the photos or slideshow are. And *.avi is one of the easier formats to work with in DVD authoring tools. Some other formats are common too. But something like 1920x1080 mp4 would be a waste since it would by displayed in ntsc 720x480 anyway.
    Xara Designer Pro 6.1.2.13287 Running on Win7 (64 bit)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Harry,

One way to go about this would be to use Designer Pro 9 to produce a presentation then use a screen recorder to record a full screen preview while you use the keyboard arrows to move through the steps. This would give you a video that could be processed in a video editing program to get the final output you need. FastStone Capture is a pretty fair screen capture/recorder program for $20 US and I have used Video Pad which has a free version, and I believe the free version will export to NTSC.

The presentation features of DP9 would give you transitions and the new bulleted lists that export as single steps is a real time saver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.