Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Adding HTML5 Gallery?

Just to further confuse you, have a look at HiSlider http://www.hislider.com/?product-hislider (I think Sketch turned me on to this one).

Nathan, I will check after the holidays, I see that one can download the software for free so I will try that, the instructions are not clear at all, and to be honest I have used anvisoft programs before and they are usually very simple to follow. As Gary suggests above I use hislider and it is a very good program indeed, with full control over the look of the slideshows from text sizes, fonts, colours, placements, transitions etc.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Nathan, I will check after the holidays, I see that one can download the software for free so I will try that, the instructions are not clear at all, and to be honest I have used anvisoft programs before and they are usually very simple to follow. As Gary suggests above I use hislider and it is a very good program indeed, with full control over the look of the slideshows from text sizes, fonts, colours, placements, transitions etc.
    Okie-cokie, thanks for that. I've taken a quick look at hi slider, and must agree it looks just the job. Will investigate further when things get back to normal.

Nathan

Hi Slider question. Gentlemen, I'm getting along quite well having purchased HiSlider, except for the Add action to the slide: open URL function. I'm adding the name of the HTML file in question, for example dragon.htm but when I click on this in a published slideshow, from files saved to my system (but not yet uploaded) nothing happens other than the slideshow stopping. Should I be including the full URL?

EDIT - Just tried the above, to no effect. What I'm hoping to do is to arrange things so that when a slider image is clicked on, it replaces the slidshow with another website page, using the SELF option. But still no joy. ;-(

Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan Brazil; 30 December 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Should I be including the full URL?
    My hunch is yes. But there is one sure way to find out.

Hi Gary. Now tried all options, and no amount of clicking on a slider image will replace the slide with any web page. I can work out a way to do what I want, by using icons for the images beneath the slider, I think. But that is not as elegant as what I'd hoped was possible, and should be. Also, I'm reluctant to do the extra work, if there's a chance of getting the slider to function as I would like and expect.

Nathan

Just tried it in HiSlider (see attached) and it works fine, even in preview.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	URL.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	100053  

Ah yes, I see what you've done, Gary. But what I was trying to do was not just open a URL such as www.gpriester.com but a specific page within the site. I did try adding a slash then the name, but that didn't work. So in the mean time, I've solved it by adding a number of small icons under the slideshow, which do the job. As things turned out, I think I prefer how it looks. How what looks? Well, I'll post the URL for the site here, later today or tomorrow for you to give it the once over.

Nathan

Have you tried clicking on the slide in the preview or after publishing?
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Have you tried clicking on the slide in the preview or after publishing?
    In the preview. But, since last posting, I think I've got where I wanted to go by hook or by crook. Just uploaded the results to - http://www.isleofwightartist.com/index.htm

Will pack up again now, and hopefully return to my endeavours on January 2nd.

Happy New Year!

Nathan