Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding HTML5 Gallery?

Xara Web Designer 9 Premium.

Finding the various widgets available somewhat lacklustre, I've made a graphic slideshow using an external HTML5 program, so I can maintain compatibility with IOS. But, how do I insert this into my Xara made website? I have some code to embed, if that can be done?

Also have a folder containing all the required Java Script, etc, and an HTML page, and I'd like the contents of that page to appear on a Xara made page without a user needing to click anything, in other words auto start. I feel sure the must be a work around for this kind of thing. So if someone know, perhaps you would be kind encourage to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan Brazil; 22 December 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Default Re: Adding HTML5 Gallery?

If the external application creates an index.html file and a few folders, then you need to copy the appropriate parts of the index.html document and paste them into a placeholder. If there are additional folders created, for example, Visual Slideshow creates a Data and an Engine folder, then these need to be in the root directory along with your document's index files.

Gary, thanks for this, especially on a Sunday before xmas. ;-) The program I'm using creates a folder with everything needed, including a file that I could rename index.html. I also have the code below. If I pasted that into a placeholder, am I understanding correctly that this would have the desire effect?

<div id="anvsoftJavaScriptSlideshow" style="width: 480px; height: 360px; position: relative;">
    <script src="anvsoftJavaScriptSlideshow-1.0.0.min.js?xml_path=slides.xml"></script>
    <script>anvsoftJavaScriptSlideshow.init("anvsoftJa vaScriptSlideshow");</script>
    </div>

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan - I am not sure. Maybe Sketch or Acorn when they check in will know how to do this.

You will need to link your placeholder to the folder that this the slideshow.

I am not certain how to do this.

Your index.htm (or .html) file is your site's home page.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've moved this to the Xara web chat area
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Okay, Gary, thanks anyway. I'll check back over the next day or so, and have a fiddle in the mean time. I think I may be able to do this, reverting back to my Dreamweaver days, if what I have in mind goes along the same lines. The theory is, I put a placeholder on my xara page, linked to a folder containing all I need to run the slideshow made with my other program, and hopefully this will result in it loading. At the moment not so sure about getting positioning right, etc, and being the date it is, of course, this may drift. ;-)

BTW, yes I understand that index.htm in my start page, but I also have another index page in the folder for the slideshow. As long as it stays there, I hope that making a link to it will do the trick.

Season greetings!

Nathan

I have used Visual Slideshow www.visualslideshow.com to create slide shows such as www.custom-stereograms.com

Visual creates a non-flash slideshow which is why I use it.

When you publish your slide show to a folder, it creates the index.html file and two folders: Data and Engine.

The code in the index.html document is clearly marked for head and body and I copy and paste each into the appropriate boxes on the Xara placeholder. Then to preview I publish my Xara document to the same folder but overwrite the existing index.html file with the Xara created one.

When I publish to the server, I use FTP to copy the Data and Engine folders to my root directory.

It is a lot simpler than I am making it sound. :-)

Nathan, which software are you using to create the slideshow?, most of the time what you have to do with html5 slideshows is: upload the data (contains the images) and another folder (engine) as Gary has mentioned above, to the same directory as your index.htm page, then you should have two pieces of code, one for the head section to reference the slideshows data and another to put into a placeholder where you want the slideshow to appear, you should not have to upload the index.html page the html5 slideshow maker creates. Once you let us know the software I can have a look.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have used Visual Slideshow.
    Great stuff, will have a bash with that.

Merry crimble!

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Nathan, which software are you using to create the slideshow?
    Hi Skech. I'm using this - http://www.anvsoft.com/html5-slideshow-maker.html Will check back later today, and/or over following days, and see what you have to say. Thanks.

Nathan