Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing a site

I'm having trouble publishing a site. I have the index.web published as index.htm and it's working great, but when I try to publish additional pages, I don't know how to do it. If I publish page2.web it transforms into index.htm and writes over the original index.htm. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking. I have checked the help section to no avail. Thank you for any assistance.

P.S. I'm using WD9 Premium

Default Re: Publishing a site

All your pages can be created in the same .web - you don't have a new .web for each page. The first page should be named index - as you have done - and the rest named as you want them, relevant to their content ... contact or photos or whatever. I also suggest you re-name your .web to something relevant, i.e. the name of your site.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thank you zaphodeist, I was making new pages from the File --> New --> menu instead of from the page and layer gallery. Regards, Jim

That would explain it. You can create new pages within the same project by Edit>>Pages>>new as well
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I am also having problems publishing an update to our site. Everything was working fine until a recent update. Now XWD 9 Premium reports it cannot connect to the FTP server when we try to publsh. Our site is ok and we can FTP files using FilleZilla and connect vie IE but XWD cannot connect. All the settings seem right and XWD 8 connects ok as well. Anybody have any ideas?

Since the update 19 December, when I publish an updated page it does NOT allow me to chose where to publish. It used to confirm where it was going to publish (to prevent over-writing) ... not anymore. Every page I updated today was automatically published as my Index page. How can I revert to previous version?

This is not a new web page

Help, my church web page is now down because of this. Thank you and Happy 2014!

Welcome to TalkGraphics linfarmer and morhill. I wish I had the answer but I don't.

But someone should be around in the next day or two (it is the end of the year and all) to provide some insight.

Good luck and happy (almost) 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by morhilll View Post
    Since the update 19 December, when I publish an updated page it does NOT allow me to chose where to publish. It used to confirm where it was going to publish (to prevent over-writing) ... not anymore. Every page I updated today was automatically published as my Index page. How can I revert to previous version?

This is not a new web page

Help, my church web page is now down because of this. Thank you and Happy 2014!
    It will be a big help if you describe what you have as a design file, e.g., church.web has seven pages called (index, thomasina, dick, harriet, ...) // I have only one page and it is called ...
    What is your site's URL (address).

Acorn

[QUOTE=Acorn;496014]It will be a big help if you describe what you have as a design file, e.g., church.web has seven pages called (index, thomasina, dick, harriet, ...) // I have only one page and it is called ...
    What is your site's URL (address).

Acorn: The church website is www.centervilleunitedmethodist.com.
    gwpriester: understand about people being off celebrating the Holidays!