Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Portal

Default Portal

After reading some inspiring posts on a science forum I had some fun with this idea of other dimensions and portals.
    ---Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	portal_lg1.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	99932  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Default Re: Portal

the colours look ew, its a little blurry and messy. Cool idea but it just looks sloppy. Imo you should change the hue contrast and brightness as well as add less effects or make them look more well done. The mesh effect is very nice but there is too much of it, certain areas catch my eye where others do not.

Thanks for the reply.
    Considering the model's transparency, reflecting and refracting capacity of the wavy energy lines (mesh-like feature), which is meant to be "busy," I let the 3D program calculate how they would be shaped in that space for accuracy with the model, and so decided not to change them. Choice of colors is subjective.
    I like it, and I like where it takes the eye and mind.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I like it Crow Haven, yes it is busy but it is what it is and interesting.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks for giving it a look and your comments, Larry.
    -Mark Twain