Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XARA Designer 7 Pro Update not working for me

Hello all, I have been laboring over trying to get my 7 page website up and running since early this morning, but to no avail. Originally, I was able to review my entire website but just was not able to publish it. After the upgrade, I can only see the Home (first) Page and no other when I try to preview the website or just a page. The page comes up with the complete Nav Bar. However, when I click the Nav Bar to go to a different page I get an error message stating: "This page cannot be displayed".

Also, now, I was able to publish only one page of the website and that is page number 7. That page is published with the complete Nav Bar. However, when I click on the "home" page I get an error message stating, "this page cannot be displayed". As a matter of fact none of the other 6 pages can be displayed. So, I am missing pages, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I tried using "Ctrl and F5 to no avail. I also tried running Xara as "administrator" but no good. It would appear I am making some progress since I am now able to publish one www.newpathwaysconsultants.com I am still a long ways from my goal of putting this website up. Bob

Default Re: XARA Designer 7 Pro Update not working for me

Yes problems for me also when I try to publish my site using Xara.

It uploads but when you go to my site I get a message saying that this page has not been exported, which it had been prior to publishing.

Good Sunday Evening Image23,
    I have no doubt someone here will reach out to help you. All here have been outstanding and willing to assist. I think many will be busy preparing for the holidays, but help is on the way sir. Bob

Can I ask, are you doing the same thing as Okrobie - http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...630#post495630 - publishing from separate project files instead of having all pages in the one file?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I am just hitting the publish on my Xara and since the update I have got the problem as described above.

The way I get around this is to use the Godaddy file uploader and works every time. The only pain with it is that I have to upload everything as Godaddy does not have an 'Upload Changes Only' option (I did ask yesterday if I was missing something on the settings but no).

It would be great to publish straight from Xara though.

I know the guys will sort it out but think it is important to give feedback as to the problems so that they can have a look.

Hello all and hope each of you had a great Christmas. I have been able to publish my website, but, the flash graphics do show up and they don't show up when I preview the website. Everything to include the flash is there as I look at the finished website and prior to preview or publishing. Any suggestion where I might go next to find and upload those flash graphics? Thanks all. Bob

What kind of Flash graphics? Do you mean banner ads ... that kind of thing? The files will have an extension like .swf or .fla and should be on your computer. They should also have been put into the page wherever you want them to appear. Can't see any sign of them.
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hello to you Zaphodeist and thank you for responding. The graphics I speak of were developed using Xara 3D Maker, Version 7. I may be incorrect calling them flash. In the empty spaces you notice on pages 2 and 5 are where the flash should be. For some reason they did not show up with the rest of the website. Bob

Not an expert in this area exactly but looking at the page source code the browser is looking for the swf in the htm_files folder which is where WD would have put it, but can't find it there. So ... is the swf on your page? If it is it should export and publish correctly.