Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Strange question

Xara Extreme Pro v.5

I want a Chinese company to print some labels for one of my products I sell on Amazon and I was going to send them a PDF describing what I was after as their English is as bad as my Mandarin.

I've made PDFs in the past, but this description will take at least 5 separate ones.

So I wanted to combine every page into 1 PDF instead.

But I'm not sure how to go about it.

Could some one please show me how this is done, if at all possible.

Many thanks.

Michael
    (Fabian) .
    Fabian

Default Re: Strange question

I am not sure about v 5, but in the latest version it is easy to import the first document followed by the others (use optimized to viewing). Then you can export as one DF.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Even though I use XDP9 now, I just upgraded from XXP4, and I have created 100+ page PDFs from XXP4, which means you can certainly do that in XX5 (unless there's a Pro and non-Pro version of 5, I don't know). Can you create a multi-page document in XX5? So open your first file in Xara, then Edit/Pages/New Page. Import each separate Xara file and add to the new page. Repeat this process until you have a five page document that includes all the content you want. Then export to PDF - simple.

Otherwise, I would use Adobe Acrobat Pro to open one of your existing PDF files, once open, then use Document/Insert Pages and add your next PDF to the first one, choose "insert after" current document. Repeat this process until all 5 PDFs are now 1 PDF. If you don't have Acrobat Pro or something similar, use the previous method to combine are Xara files as a multi-page Xara file then export that to PDF.

Fabian there are lots of free merge PDF files on line. I've used them before and they work great.
    Just Google "Merge PDF files online Free" and a bunch will pop up. You simply upload all your separate files then download the merged copy.

Thank you all for your imput

I eventually used a web page set up and then saved it from within Xara as PDF file.

It all seems OK and I've opened the PDF several times to make sure its still there.

Well, you never know on my machine. Its what I'm now sending my suppliers.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your suggestions which I've copied in Notepad for future reference.

Thanks.

Michael.
    Fabian