Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Failure when receiving data from peer

Hi
    After WebDesigners last update (9.2.6.30789) I get timeout and following error message when Publishing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XARA_02.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	99885

Can somebody out there tell me what it means?
    (I am running Win 7 x64)
    Thank you.

Default Re: Failure when receiving data from peer

There has been one more update. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know if after installing the update (and it is always a good idea to reboot after) you are still having this issue.

And no, I have no idea what that error message means.

Yes, I still have the problem.
    My webserver demands FTP Active connection, so since Webdesign 7 I had two edit my registry file, setting FTPConnetionType = 1. This parameter have until last upgrade been located in HKEY-CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Xara \ WebDesignerPremium \ 9.0 \ Options \ Publish.
    I did the same when I upgraded to 9.2.6.30789, but the PUBLISHING did not work.

After some communication with Xara Support they foretold me the setting was now located in the FTPLibcURL folder, called Connection Type. After I changed this value = 1 I got this mysterious error message "Failure When receiving data from the peer", and so fare I have not received any explanation from Xara Support.

In the mean time I also have found the Connection Type in a folder named FTPWinINet.

I still can’t PUBLISH my site via WD9 but am not so sure it has anything to do with the Connection Type setting, therefore I like to know what this error message means.

Have you been able to publish your site with Filezilla (a free FTP program)?

Publish your website to a folder on your desktop. Then connect to your server using Filezilla, and drag and drop your files (including your index_html_files folder) to the server.

This is the way I get around the problem, but it is cumbersome compare to publish direct from WD9.
    I normally use Microsoft Expression Web to publish, but have also tested FileZilla and FlasFXP.
    They all work 100% in Active mode.

Have you tried XaReg http://xara-users.info/xr2help/xr2/click.php?id=1

It's a free utility developed by Bill Taylor and Steve Ledger. It changes a lot of registry settings including FTP settings (see attached). You can also increase the length of time before you get a timeout error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaReg2.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	99940  

Yes, I have tried it.
    That is why I think there must be something other than FTP setting this time.
    Therefore it would be nice to know what the error message really means.

Hi,
    me too have the same problem trying to publishing the website. I tried all the options for the FTP (automatic, active, passive) with XaReg but without results.
    The problem happened with the new version 9.2.6.30798. I never got this error before.
    My website is quite big (more than 200 pages), so exporting as Html then uploading it with other tools is very annoying.
    I hope that Xara Support or somebody will solve this bug.

A new update, version 9.2.7.30974, was released today: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...on-9-2-7-30974

It addresses publishing issues so this one might solve the problem you are having right now.