Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default All Designer 9 Series products updated to version 9.2.6.30798

We’ve released free updates for all Designer 9 Series products, bringing them to version 9.2.6.30798. Information on the update can be viewed from here.

To update your installation, simply start the program and it will automatically find any available update. Alternatively use the "Update program" facility in the program Help menu. Note you need to have unlocked AND registered your program to receive updates.

Many thanks,
    Xara Team

Default Re: All Designer 9 Series products updated to version 9.2.6.30798

Fingers crossed this solves most of the recent issues.

Thanks Xara.

I have just applied the update and it's hanging on uploading files again. I started about 5 mins ago and it's now on 3% of my site uploaded. It seems to hang on the upload of a single tiny image for a good while. As I'm typing I've just heard the error sound and low and behold a "timeout was reached" message. Infuriating to say the least yet again.

edit

Rebooted. Tried again and timed out after 2%. I've been a faithful Xara user for years but this is getting beyond a joke. Time to look at alternative software methinks.

Edit 1 hour later

I tried a complete machine reboot, checked for viruses (long shot) all good. Tried to upload again and got a message saying Windows firewall has blocked some features of this program???? Allowed Xara full access and it timed out almost immediately. I've gone back to exporting the site and then uploading it with an ftp client. The sites working but pics which loaded instantly before are now slow to load(white box initially)
    Last edited by Andyinmanch; 17 December 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Wow, that really... you know.

File a support request with Xara Support http://support.xara.com/ There may be something else at play here.

Or check back in the morning. The Xara team are checking these posts pretty regularly to see what other problems may be arising.

Hi Andy, sorry to hear you're having difficulties still. As Gary has said, please submit a support ticket at http://support.xara.com where the support team will be able to investigate this further with you.
    Many thanks.