Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default inter zoon widgets

Sometimes I think I am unable to follow instructions but I can't get a photo loaded onto the zoom widgets and get it to work. Went to Xara's site for directions as well as used search)

I drag and drop on top of widget which I dragged and dropped onto my page but when I go to preview it shows the photo of the original widget, not the one I dropped. If I click on my photo and bring to front - thinking this might be the problem - it does not work at all.

If I then save and go back to my page, it shows a placeholder with "loading ..." but the photo never comes up.

Second question - assuming I can get this to work, is there a way to have this saved only one time but work with all photos? In other words, can I use one of the widgets with all of my photo - or most, anyway - but have the code loaded once rather than having it loaded every time a new photo is loaded? (Trying to save band width here)

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: inter zoon widgets

You drag & drop the photo when you are in the widget's edit mode, right?

Have you tried to delete the widget (or even page) and start with a new one?

If I understand your second question correctly, placeholder code -- as opposed to the photos -- is negligible in terms of bandwidth.

Boy, the Xara directions do not work - what does work is dragging and dropping the widget, clicking on it then clicking on "edit" then rt. clicking on picture and THEN clicking on "replace photo" and THEN ctrl S. Now to figure out how to use this with a gallery of small pics because if you use small pics the zoom is very small also.- jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

I'm not sure what product you are using. I just tried this in Web Designer 9 Premium.

I dragged the Cloud Standard Zoom widget onto the page.

I double clicked on the widget to open the edit window.

I dragged a high resolution image and dropped it onto the sample image.

I clicked the Save icon. It took a few seconds for the widget to update on the page.

I previewed the page. When I mouse over the image on the left, the zoom window opens on the right and displays the zoomed detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cloud standard zoom.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	99816  

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    Boy, the Xara directions do not work
    They do in my setup (XDP 9), just like Gary mentions, so that is why I asked you if you tried to delete the widget/page and make a new start. Sometimes a widget or element gets corrupted and a fresh start is all that is required but perhaps something went wrong during the installation of your program. Glad you found a way to make it work though.

Gary, I am using 9X and when I do as you say and preview there is not zoom. When I follow as I put above and use "replace photo" and save it works perfect. Don't know why but I tried following the directions - you way - and it just doesn't work unless I use the replace photo option.

There is one of the zoom widgets that has the ability to have 4 photos with it - can the zoom be used with normal galleries or a larger number of photos? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com